The Instant Book pre-booking message feature is returning

Emilie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

The Instant Book pre-booking message feature is returning

Airbnb Belo.png

As part of our Winter Release 2022, we shared changes that we are making to Instant Book requirements, including the removal of the pre-booking message. 

We read your questions, feedback, and concerns around the removal of this message and shared it with our product team. 

Because of your feedback, the pre-booking message feature will be returned to Instant Booking settings starting today, December 12th. You’ll find it on your desktop view first, and it will return in your mobile app in the coming weeks. Guests will automatically see your message in the booking experience starting today. If you previously had a pre-booking message required, the same message will appear back in your settings. No action will be needed from you. 

With each release and update, we spend time listening to our Hosts, and thank you for your continued support, constructive feedback and partnership here in the Community Center.

Thanks,

Emilie

-----

Merci de jeter un oeil aux Principes du Community Center/ Please follow the Community Guidelines

59 Replies 59
Brian1082
Level 2
Lennox Head, Australia

That's wonderful. Thank you 😊 

Justine275
Level 5
Ghent, NY

Thank you. Still waiting for correction so only guests with reviews are considered having “a good track record…”

Emilie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

@Justine275 The “Good track record” requirement only allows guests who have stayed on Airbnb without incidents or negative reviews, so they do need to have a review already. Guests that have recently broken Airbnb policies—or house rules set by Hosts—don't qualify as having a good track record. You can read more about Airbnb’s verification process here.

I hope this helps!

Emilie

-----

Merci de jeter un oeil aux Principes du Community Center/ Please follow the Community Guidelines

That’s great news! I’ve heard from other hosts that they had guests with zero reviews but a few Airbnb stays under their belt that were able to instant book. Is that a loophole?

Trude0
Level 10
Stockholm County, Sweden

@Emilie: I see you write that “Good track record” means guests must have stayed, and do need to have a review. I recently had someone instant book who had apparently not stayed. Not only did he not have any reviews, he had the text “No trips yet” in his profile. I assume this was a glitch then, that this guest should not have been able to book.

I’m happy for the return of the pre-booking message, for those who have been missing it. I have not been too focused on that particular feature.

I’m more concerned about the fact that Airbnb sets the requirements for IB so low. Why is it enough to have stayed only once,  without “incidents or negative reviews”?  Why so eager to let just anyone go ahead and instant book? Do you really think this will bring Airbnb so many more bookings, that it is worth making hosts feel uneasy? And, as an effect, turn off IB? Counterproductive?

Why not set the bar a little higher; guests should have minimum 3 good reviews/recommendations from other hosts? If your aim is to increase instant booking, then I think you need to get more hosts to allow IB. Setting the requirements for IB guests slightly higher is likely to have that effect.

My IB stays off for now.

Gillian166
Level 10
Hay Valley, Australia

@Trude0   I turned mine back on last night and got a booking from a newbie. It’s not a glitch. They are letting anyone book and “good track record” is looking pretty dubious  imho.

HiTrudeo 

That is exactly how I feel.  have never done instant booking .I want to vet who stays in my home . But I would think its obvious airbnb gets so many more booking I'm sure id love to see the numbers . No IB  for me unless the bar was raised quite high. 

Laurelle3
Level 10
Huskisson, Australia

@Emilie Great news about message on instant booking. Things are looking up, that are voices are being heard with the help from the admin team trying to work with us. Thank you 

Adriano78
Level 10
Seville, Spain

@Emilie  hi, very good news but  previously i  had a pre-booking message required but  this message today 12 december still does not  appear back in my settings

Robbie54
Level 10
North Runcton, United Kingdom

@Adriano78 read Emilie's message again, it will explain why it's not back in your settings yet👍

@Robbie54  the pre-booking message feature will be returned to Instant Booking settings starting today, December 12th. You’ll find it on your desktop view first

Robbie54
Level 10

@Adriano78 I assumed you were looking on your mobile device, not your desktop. Maybe leave it until tomorrow then check your desktop again, let us know if it's back on tomorrow 👍

Emilie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

@Robbie54 You beat me to it!

@Adriano78 Where were you looking, if you don't mind me asking? Desktop view or mobile view? it should be back in the former from today, and will return in the latter in the coming weeks. Let me know if there's still something not quite right and I'll try to find out more. 🙂

Emilie

-----

Robbie54
Level 10

@Emilie I've just checked the desktop and as @Adriano78 has said it's not there (as of yet). Could you look in to this please? Thanks