Your listing titles are returning to search results

Stephanie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Your listing titles are returning to search results

Stephanie_0-1655741472113.png

As you know, we recently made the biggest change to Airbnb in a decade. Since the launch, you’ve provided a lot of feedback about the changes, including many requests to bring back your ability to craft your own listing title. 

We understand why Hosts are so passionate about your listing title: It’s one of the first things guests read in search results and an opportunity to call out what makes your space unique.

So, starting June 30, 2022, your listing titles are returning to guest search results. 

Before then, check out our new guidelines for listing titles—and update your title too. Doing so can help your listing stand out in search, set expectations for guests, and create interest in booking your space.

Let’s all share our listing titles and help each other find ways to make them shine.

Thanks,

Stephanie

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines 

101 Replies 101

Yup, I was forced to add VRBO. Thank goodness I did. I started picking up bookings immediately which is helping to fill in the void. I have noticed the VRBO's guests are older than my typical Airbnb guest. Funny observation. 

Robert6
Level 4
Greenwich, CT

Seems like it is not returned to the before times...

Stephanie365
Level 10
Fredericksburg, VA

As of 12:30 Eastern US time, 7/1/22,  there are No titles on my desk top. 

In addition to the reduction in traffic and bookings, I have a huge issue with AirBNB's rollout  terms going against their own Terms of Service regarding Hosts

5.3 Independence of Hosts
. Your relationship with Airbnb is that of an independent individual or entity and not an employee, agent, joint venturer, or partner of Airbnb, except that Airbnb Payments acts as a payment collection agent as described in the Payments Terms. Airbnb does not direct or control your Host Service, and you agree that you have complete discretion whether and when to provide Host Services, and at what price and on what terms to offer them.

Right there in section 5.3 it says AirBNB only functions to collects payments, and "AirBNB does not direct or control your Host Service, and you agree that you have complete discretion whether and when to provide Host Services, and at what price and on what terms to offer them." 

Yet AirBNB now says we as independent hosts do NOT "have complete discretion whether and when to provide Host Services, and at what price and on what terms to offer them" because we are no longer allowed to collect a security deposit to protect our most valuable assets or ask a guest for their ID.

Carolyn693
Level 2
Maleny, Australia

Now 2 July in Australia and titles still not showing.

Very poor commitment from the platform and my bookings and enquiries are grinding to a halt = no income for me together with increased costs of living, petrol, electricity etc.

@Stephanie Listing titles have returned for my listing. I shortened my title to less than 32 characters and my title is perfect on a mobile phone screen. 

Tony-And-Una0
Level 10
Belfast, United Kingdom

They are showing on mobile app in the UK as well now.

And the number of reviews.

Progress. 

Jamie206
Level 10
Pooler, GA

I have finally managed to get all our properties listed on booking.com and not so amazingly, we started getting bookings again, six new ones in four days. I'm reasonably sure that airbnb will probably be out of business soon. Since the company management refuses to acknowledge the basic facts that their new updates have essentially stopped all bookings in a majority of the world. I can say that we have had three new airbnb bookings in the last 5 weeks, which is probably 1/12 of the usual rate. Customer service is useless, of course, stating that your property is online... obviously, but no one can find it... hello? Is there anyone out there with an ear of someone in management over there? This situation is ludicrous, honestly.

I'm leaving daily feedback, but I'm pretty sure that is just an empty blackhole for us to send our frustrations to.

Susan1188
Level 10
Marbella, Spain

@Stephanie 

Home page listing photos are a prime opportunity to convert a fleeting click on the airbnb site, to a book.

Can you please explain why, for the past 8 weeks, I have been shown these completely incompatible tree-house / bubble/ submarine type properties which I will never go to and have absolutely no interest in booking.  Or 5000 a night private islands.  Or  places but that require 24 hours of air travel plus 13 hours of local tuk-tuk to get to.

YOU ARE MISSING OUT ON CONVERSIONS BECAUSE YOUR AI IS PROPOSING COMPLETELY IRRELEVANT PROPERTIES

Sorry to shout, but the message doesn't seem to be getting into the ears that matter.

If you AI would show me properties that would target my next holiday desires, that would be great!  You have my IP address! You know what I have been searching for !  Why are you proposing me a kind of tree house in a Nordic fjord accessible after 4 hours boat ride,  far from any shops and restaurants?

Screenshot 2022-07-03 at 20.44.11.png

I'm getting the same properties as you.

Under the barns category, I've been seeing the same properties surfaced for weeks. Seems to be hard-coded.

You'd think they would at least surface different properties regularly. Daily.

Adrian491
Level 2
Tulum, Mexico

I wonder if this is AI as I see exactly the same properties as you have shown. It really is a strange selection and as you point out they should be collecting information from past bookings/searches and providing listings that are more relevant to what you are looking for.

Scott219
Level 2
Portland, OR

Whatever you did to "improve" searching has caused my bookings, as a superhost with rave reviews, to tank.

Tony-And-Una0
Level 10
Belfast, United Kingdom

I see the same properties as well.

People new to Airbnb or who use it very occasionally will be completely thrown off by the landing pages.

It would be like logging on to Lidl and being offered caviar and black truffles.

Airbnb seems to think it's something that the majority of the rest of us don't.

That's a problem. And the result is the current mess.

Louise1097
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

We are now in a National Park, Exmoor. Except we are 90 mikes from a national park. Neighbours are in the New Forest NP. Except they are not.

We have new properties that have appeared in the middle of our town-centre car park. That are rural, five miles away. Not new, they have just been moved across the map randomly, last week.

Property titles are not appearing in categories section. Just a big blank space.

And now we have ski-in/ski-out across the south of England... Somerset, central Wales, Midlands... and flats in central London.

The whole of south London is still apparently a national park.

I really despair. It's getting worse, not better. Photographer booked for Tuesday, website in motion...

Good grief. 

Ryan2778
Level 2
Tampa, FL

As of July 5th listing titles are not showing up when I do a test search.  Does someone know what is going on? I was under the impression listing titles were to be reinstated on june 30