Your listing titles are returning to search results

Stephanie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Your listing titles are returning to search results

Stephanie_0-1655741472113.png

As you know, we recently made the biggest change to Airbnb in a decade. Since the launch, you’ve provided a lot of feedback about the changes, including many requests to bring back your ability to craft your own listing title. 

We understand why Hosts are so passionate about your listing title: It’s one of the first things guests read in search results and an opportunity to call out what makes your space unique.

So, starting June 30, 2022, your listing titles are returning to guest search results. 

Before then, check out our new guidelines for listing titles—and update your title too. Doing so can help your listing stand out in search, set expectations for guests, and create interest in booking your space.

Let’s all share our listing titles and help each other find ways to make them shine.

Thanks,

Stephanie

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines 

101 Replies 101
Bert9272
Level 2
Medina, OH

Interesting that I've gotten 0 inquiries on my premium properties since this enhancement I am US based, any suggestions for other platforms to cross list on?  I don't believe that Airbnb cares if "super"hosts lose substantial revenue. 

Sound strategy indeed.

We took away everything and gave back few crumbles.

Long live Good King

So...let me see...how is that compensation for ZERO not just bookings, but ZERO INQUIRIES since update?

Yes, and am tired of the 'economy' excuse. Bad economies do not cause literally OVERNIGHT crashes like this.

John6331
Level 2
Atlanta, GA

Don't act like we were surprisingly passionate about our listing titles. Your own documentation told us that one of the best ways to stand out on the platform was to have a compelling title. So yeah, listing titles are important, welcome back to sanity Airbnb.

Teresa1770
Level 2
Paterson, NJ

I don't have any inquiries and any reservacion since the new changes.  I dropped my price but still nothing happens 

Carolyn172
Level 2
New Mexico, United States

Thanks, now please remove the categories (until you can get them to work accurately),  stop defaulting flexible searches  to a week (really, what percentage of your reservations are  seven nights), and stop showing people random properties in entirely  different states when they search a specific location. This “major” rollout is a disaster.  Did you do any prelaunch testing at all? Your IT team needs some direction and a seasoned CIO. You have SO many hosts who would have been happy  to beta test with you. Why don’t you use  us? And if you are about to say “you do run changes past hosts”, then disband that ineffective group and recruit new hosts for your committee. I have never heard of a massive roll out -with advertising - being conducted without significant testing. This is a basic, basic management practice.

I have been a super host for as long as I can remember !! I don’t understand what’s going on right now. I am completely and absolutely confused I have not one inquiry and I have no bookings other than to from six months ago since the new rollout. I have not made any money !! I don’t understand how Airbnb has asked me to follow all the rules and expect us to just now lay down and play dead until they figure this out. they have made quite a bit of money on my bookings for all of a sudden to have nothing what the F Imagine July 4 is coming up and I haven’t even had one inquiry which is incredible because even through Covid I was completely booked  so please get your act together and stop destroying your Superhost as well as all your other potential new host with whatever it is that you’re doing  and get back on track. 

Yes… we are newbies and we are in a desirable location and we have had nothing since the update. Total crickets. 

exactly...my theory for what it's worth is they are trying to eliminate 1. hosts who do NOT do 'long term' and 2. hosts who are not Airbnb gurus, but instead have one or two or even three unusual, quality properties that appeal to so many guests ...I am near a large city yet in the mountains and secluded and I got many many (as well as from 15 states and three countries) from there who loved that I was just 90 minutes of travel and they could relax, refresh, enjoy nature. And these people are telling me that Nashvillians are staying home from ME because of gas prices???  OVERNIGHT?  Our parks are full and I am 15 mn from them ...CLOSER...sickening...Superhost, hundreds of 5 star reviews, awesome little mountain cabin,  and now...zero anything. I'm going to have to shut down. Can't do insurance with no bookings, or even just on one or two.  Was going to retire sometime next year, now it's forced on me.  Really ticks me off.. And sad about all the other hosts in the same boat.

Cabin original.jpg

Helen609
Level 6
Polperro, United Kingdom

I have had 4 views of my listing since this debacle started.  4. Nobody is even seeing my listing any more. How am I going to.make a living if this continues ?

My views are down by 640 so something is going very wrong.

John-And-Julie1
Level 2
Blakeney, United Kingdom

No bookings since the changes except one who booked through AirBnb last year and knew of our place already! Not happy. We're now adding our listing to Booking.com to see if they are any better for our property!! Views down, bookings down - big problem in IT department as mentioned before!!! TEST, TEST, TEST - regression test......

Jennifer3434
Level 2
Arvada, CO

So, is this the only reason my bookings are down? We were rocking and rolling and then the update… now nothing but crickets. 

Don-And-Emily0
Level 10
Catskill, NY

Our recent addition of a jacuzzi was in our House Title for a reason. It cost us $6000 and  only a fraction of the hundreds of airbnb homes around us have one. Do better @Airbnb 

Mark116
Level 10
Jersey City, NJ

We had a cancellation last week and that shot our views up beyond 30, but we are now back to the post Summer Release of about 2 views per day, the lowest ever.  This means that we won't get any further bookings.  Thankfully we are already almost fully booked through the Summer, but we will simply not be able to continue if Airbnb doesn't fix the algo.

same here. and read my other posts about our stats being 'fooled with'..at least mine are.