A Superhost’s Ordeal with Airbnb After 7+ Years of Hosting in Ghana

Paul10304
Level 2
Accra, Ghana

A Superhost’s Ordeal with Airbnb After 7+ Years of Hosting in Ghana

Hello Airbnb Community,

I’ve been a Superhost on Airbnb for over 7 years, hosting over 600 guests with 244 reviews, a 4.9-star rating, and 0 cancellations or complaints from any guest. I’ve managed listings across Accra and Ghana, providing top-tier service to travelers, which has earned me a reputation as one of the best hosts in the region.

Unfortunately, I’ve recently faced a situation that has left me extremely frustrated with Airbnb’s handling of my account. Two weeks ago, my 34 listings were suddenly suspended, and since then, I’ve been stuck in an endless cycle of phone calls and messages without a resolution.

Here’s a breakdown of my ordeal:

•14 days of follow-ups with Airbnb, spending over 25 hours on phone calls trying to understand why my listings were suspended.
•Multiple support ambassadors have informed me that my case was being “escalated to someone in a better position,” yet I still haven’t received any solid explanation or solution.
•I even reached out via Twitter (@Airbnbhelp) DM for assistance, but I’ve been ignored there as well.
•The only meaningful response I received was from one support ambassador, who explained that the issue stemmed from payment delays from a long-term guest, but despite that, the payments were ultimately processed and confirmed by Airbnb, with no violations on my end.

This has severely impacted my business, and it’s baffling that despite my clean record of 0 cancellations, 0 complaints, and years of being a Superhost, I’m facing this kind of treatment. I’m at a loss as to why my entire account has been suspended for something that should have been easily resolved, or at least limited to the specific booking in question.

The lack of communication from Airbnb is disappointing, and I’ve been left in the dark with no clear timeline or path forward. After years of hard work building my portfolio, I expected much better from a platform that I’ve been so loyal to.

I’m sharing this with the community in the hopes of getting some advice or help in escalating this issue further. Has anyone else faced something similar, and how did you manage to resolve it? Several correspondences with Airbnb, where I was repeatedly told my case would be resolved, but nothing has happened.

I truly hope no other host has to go through this, and I look forward to hearing any insights from the community.

Best regards,
Paul Mensah
Superhost in Ghana – 34 Listings
0 Replies 0