A week is not 7 nights ?

Answered!
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

A week is not 7 nights ?

The "Summer release' by default searches with options "a week" , "i am flexibe".

(Airbnb thinks this is what most guests are looking for.....)

But recently something has changed:

The "week" search shows (also) 5 nights stays.

Example:

"A week in september" shows:

Emiel1_0-1662752486916.png

But 11- 16 september is 5  nights !

Also the Airbnb homepage shows 5 nights stays now: www.airbnb.com

1 Best Answer
Fred13
Level 10
Placencia, Belize

Actually @Emiel1 they did the 5-day 'week' thing from the beginning. No clue whether intended or not.

Airbnb spooks me when they do non-intelligent things. The default should have been what listings exist, then the first filter should be 'Preferred Available Time Slot' of 'X' days or more; that would have been so helpful for guests wanting a certain length of stay. Without excluding anyone.

View Best Answer in original post

7 Replies 7
Fred13
Level 10
Placencia, Belize

Actually @Emiel1 they did the 5-day 'week' thing from the beginning. No clue whether intended or not.

Airbnb spooks me when they do non-intelligent things. The default should have been what listings exist, then the first filter should be 'Preferred Available Time Slot' of 'X' days or more; that would have been so helpful for guests wanting a certain length of stay. Without excluding anyone.

John5097
Level 10
Charleston, SC

@Emiel1 

I also noticed this as well. The 5 day seems to be the default instead of the 7 days. Before now only a few select expensive beach houses had the 5 day default while everyone else had the random 7 days. Not a single guest had booked the the random 7 nights since the summer release. Bookings are still a little sluggish. Now there are loads more crappy listings in crappy areas. I am glad to see the random 7 nights gone. The guest must be happy too because not a single one booked the random week they displayed. 

I suppose the new Summer Release is to better accommodate Listings on multiple booking platforms. My primary concern with the new search for listings was that weekdays wouldn't get booked, which is exactly what is happening. So time to add another booking platform. I really liked staying with just one Airbnb but if weekdays aren't getting booked well gotta adapt to the changes. I suppose its different for everyone. As it is now other listings that have rates too high or guest just don't want to book are prioritized. I'm still getting bookings but only if guest search for specific nights. Oh well usually making adjustments leads to better situation. My listing is very popular so hopefully will stay booked booked. 🙂 Good luck to everyone else! 

Huma0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Emiel1 

What I can't understand is why a guest saw my listing, which has a 28 night minimum, when she searched for "a random week in December", as she put it. Then she was confused why she couldn't request it.

Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Huma0 

There is a way to see under which conditions a listing shows up.

( i explainded it earlier in other threads)

You own 3 listings. none(!) of them show up when "a week", "flexible" are the active search options.

also not for "a week in december". So the guest must be mistaken and probably has entered "a month in december" . The two of your listings show up :

Emiel1_0-1662841101486.png

Huma0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Emiel1 

Thank you! That is what she told me anyway, but I have not experienced this before so it's quite possible she was mistaken...

Gillian166
Level 10
Hay Valley, Australia

and all of this completely ignores the very lucrative weekend trade, people searching for a mini break of 1-3 nights away, or people coming in for a wedding, just one night. Apparently these situations have ceased to exist in favour of the digital nomad and his adorable labradorX, who need weeks or month long stays in foreign castles with grand pianos.