Ability to attach images within a scheduled message

Answered!
Lester46
Level 2
Richmond Hill, Canada

Ability to attach images within a scheduled message

Maybe i missed the memo or have not discovered the feature but I am not able to attach images to scheduled messages. I am aware of how to include shortcode but there is no attach image option to go along with the short code.

In 2021 this topic was mentioned and since then AirBnB has done some good things with scheduled messages but I think this is an obvious miss.  https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/Advice-on-your-space/Add-photo-to-Scheduled-Message/td-p/1521292

Can we get some momentum back again on this?

Hosts need the ability to attach an image to a scheduled message. It wastes our time having to follow-up a scheduled message to send a photo of the intersection or other supporting images that are not part of the public listing. For example, I would rather not show the exact intersection of my house in the public listing photos. However, that photo along with the Google Pin helps people find the house.

There are several other examples that people can reply here with why this feature is a must have.

I thought scheduled messages was supposed to save us time? Why not get back to basics and enable hosts to save time with this feature.: https://youtu.be/u90Xd3elAls?si=O3ZIwCF3IO6b4qQv  . This will definitely be a big change in the scheduled messages form but... its been 3 years.

Reply here to get some eyeballs on this or go to your airbnb inbox and click "Give Feedback > Scheduled messages"...  and send them the link to this post.

1 Best Answer

@Lester46 

Currently there is no way to do this with a Scheduled Message. You could manually attach photos to a Quick Reply, but that is very time-consuming. Some Hosts send a PDF document via text or email. Android users can't receive PDFs, so they use WhatsApp. 

The only other option I am aware of is using a Channel Manager who allows you to attach images to automated messages.

View Best Answer in original post

3 Replies 3

Hi @Lester46 

Agree we should be able to add photos to Scheduled messages, but alas, we still cannot. You can however, add photos to your checkin guide. Used to be you could only do that on a phone, but if you are using the new software, you can do it on a computer now:

New Check-in Guide:

Joan2709_0-1707924007315.png

Previous Checkin Guide in App

Joan2709_1-1707924053106.png

Yes. That is a great suggestion for checkin activity.

However, during their stay and checkout I have scheduled messages that require supporting photos.

@Lester46 

Currently there is no way to do this with a Scheduled Message. You could manually attach photos to a Quick Reply, but that is very time-consuming. Some Hosts send a PDF document via text or email. Android users can't receive PDFs, so they use WhatsApp. 

The only other option I am aware of is using a Channel Manager who allows you to attach images to automated messages.