Account taken over by co-host

Nicci14
Level 1
Atlanta, GA

Account taken over by co-host

Hey guys, we had a co-host take over our account! She used our password to make changes and now we do not have any access and she has gone dark. We have spoken with Airbnb and they have offered no suggestions and told us we would have to resolve this ourselves. Any buddy have any ideas? We are willing to shut the account down as we have no incoming reservations currently so no guest would be affected.

4 Replies 4
Helen3
Top Contributor
Bristol, United Kingdom

You seem to have fifteen listings attached to your profile @Nicci14 

if these are the listings change the password.

your cohost never needs your password to make changes to your listing . She can do it herself through being added as a cohost. 

im a little confused what you mean by the cohost taking over your account .

Elisa
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Nicci14 😊

Thank you for asking this in the community!

I am truly sorry about this situation.

Have you found a solution? Did you speak with the Airbnb Support Team?

Don't hesitate to let me know here.

Warm regards🌻,

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines //Merci de jeter un oeil aux Principes du Community Center

Unfortunately we have not been able to resolve the issue. The "Co-Host", not only changed the password to log in but also changed the recover email. We are having a very difficult time getting AirBnB to even close the account. It's very frustrating as we have lost all control both the owner and myself.

Helen3
Top Contributor
Bristol, United Kingdom

I am a little confused - with the fifteen listings in your name - are you cohosting these properties on behalf of the property owner and then you gave another cohost access to your log in details ? @Nicci14 

what is happening to the bookings associated with these listings ?

my worry for you would be the person you allowed to access your account has diverted payments into their payment channel and you will still be liable for the income to the property owners .

have you started legal action against this individual ?

I'm not sure why you gave this person access to your account rather than adding her as a cohost to protect your business and the property owners properties .