Advice on my listing in Texas, please!

Answered!

Advice on my listing in Texas, please!

Screenshot 2024-09-25 at 11.56.06.png

Hello,

new to Airbnb, could I get feedback on my listing.  Haven’t had any bookings yet 

View on AirbnbHome in San Antonio · ★New · 3 bedrooms · 3 beds · 3 bathrooms

1 Best Answer
Karen4131
Top Contributor
Malmö, Sweden

Hi @Kamal-Jayantilal0 

What a beautiful house you have!

You’ve done a great job presenting it with your professional-looking photos, so everything is perfect there. One key tip I always recommend is filling out all the fields Airbnb prompts you to, including your personal profile, which currently doesn't share much about you. But that's not where the main issue lies at the moment.

The Airbnb market in San Antonio is pretty saturated, with lots of listings similar to yours, so the competition is fierce.

When I zoom into the Beacon Hill neighborhood on Airbnb’s map (as shown in the screenshot below), I see about 380 listings in the specific area you’re located in. Your listing is currently showing up on page 9 out of the 15 pages Airbnb is displaying (which covers only about 300 listings). 

Karen4131_1-1727257962604.png

Karen4131_0-1727257890997.png

If I zoom out just a little, your listing doesn’t appear at all. This means your listing is close to being invisible, and something needs to be done to improve your ranking. - You can have the most amazing place, but if Airbnb’s search algorithm isn’t showing your listing to potential guests, it doesn’t do much good.

There are several strategies you can implement to improve your ranking. Airbnb’s algorithm tends to promote listings that it believes have the best chance of getting booked. The first and most important step is to price your place competitively—below the market average—until you gather a solid number of 5-star reviews. Right now, you don’t have any 5-star reviews to boost your visibility, so a great pricing strategy can help you break into the market. You can always raise the price later once your reviews are established.

There are many other factors that influence your search ranking. Airbnb itself provides some basic and important insights here: https://airbnb.com/help/article/39, and you can find even more tips by searching for "Airbnb search algorithm 2024." There's a lot of valuable information out there.

Mastering your ranking is almost like a little science—and even a bit of a sport. Many hosts aren't fully aware of how impactful it can be to "do everything right," so it’s definitely worth investing time in this if you want to run a successful rental business and maintain visibility on Airbnb.

Best of luck with your beautiful place!

- Karen

View Best Answer in original post

18 Replies 18
Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

@Kamal-Jayantilal0, there are many great suggestions on how to improve your listing and potentially start getting more results.

I look forward to hearing from you about which suggestions you plan to implement 😊

Regards,

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Por favor consulta las Normas de la comunidad

Rahul239
Level 1
Point Cook, Australia

Hi Kamal, 

Congratulations on your listing and Airbnb journey. It is a beautiful place, and you have done very well with furnishing and how pictures are taken.

My recommendation will be :

a) Price it below market until you start receiving bookings and start building market trust with good reviews in your favor. Get to 5 start reviews and a super-host status until you start reviewing prices. That doesn't mean you don't take advantage of holiday period or events to bump prices up a little.

b) Provide weekly and monthly discounts to your guests. In current high-cost environment, that helps with bookings.

c) Review your Title of Listing - do some Chat GPT checks for best suitable and check other similar houses in your area how they are titled. 

d) To bump your listing up in first page, you can do minor changes every now then, eg: drop or increase price by $1 one day and update back next day or so. 

Overall, this business is hospitality, so you want to get consistent bookings instead a longer gap of no bookings. The reviews drive traffic to your listing as well so focus on creating a good market value for your guests. 

All the best 

Rahul 

Vipul23
Level 2
Toronto, Canada

The property is really beautiful and well presented, so I would suggest to develop and rules and instructions around it to make the most out of it. You dont want guests to leave your property in a mess. So make sure there are cel

<a href="https://www.acegroupsindia.com/noida-extension/ace-sector-12-noida-extension/">Ace Sector 12 Noida Extension</a> The project offers 3 and 4 BHK Luxury apartments with world-class amenities.