Air BnB hosting issues in Dublin

Declan48
Level 1
Dublin, Ireland

Air BnB hosting issues in Dublin

Hi

I ran my Air BnB in Stillorgan Co Dublin for two years until covid hit and I was forced to close. During that time I was contacted by Dunlaoghaire Rathdown council stating that I was not allowed to do short term lets and threatening me with legal action and possible fines, I took my home off line and I received a letter from them that I was now compliant and that no further action would be taken.

My question is, has anyone else had this problem and what is the solution. I really enjoyed my two years hosting and I want to open up again.

Any help would be most appreciated.

Thank you

Cheers

Dec

2 Replies 2
Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

if you do a search online you can find the STR legislation that was introduced in 2019 for your area . 

That will tell you under which circumstances you can host . 

Declan,

I too had these council parasites in DLR force me to cease and delist as well as costing me €2800 to apply for short term letting which they refused anyway but kept up an unusual cat and mouse game with me,spying and taking more pictures of every inch of me house.

Don't deal with these ** !They get a kick out of harrasing pensioners.

AirBnb were absolutely useless in advising or helping legally to fight these **!

**[Content removed inline with the Community Center Guidelines- Please be respectful in your discussions  in Community Center]