Airbnb Calendar Issues After Disconnecting from Management Software

Answered!
Nick-and-Lauren0
Level 2
Evergreen, CO

Airbnb Calendar Issues After Disconnecting from Management Software

I recently unlinked/disconnected my Airbnb account from Uplisting (Integrated Property Management Software), so that I could manage my booking directly from the Airbnb site. I went to my profile picture >  Account > Privacy & sharing > Services and removed all connected services access. I disconnected via my listing page on Uplisting but I was still unable to edit my calendar in Airbnb. I contacted Airbnb support first and they insisted that it was an issue with the management software.

So I contacted Uplisting again. I even removed my booking completely from the Uplisting dashboard. There are no connected sites now from Uplisting's end (their site is now prompting me to connect to Airbnb to get started). But I am still receiving an error when I open Airbnb’s calendar: “Your settings are limited. You can edit all pricing and availability settings in your property management software.” Uplisting confirms they see no listings on my account.

So I called Airbnb again and they keep blaming the 3rd party and can't look any further. They said they could not escalate the issue. When I click on my listing, is says Sync Status: Connected. Edit Preferences (on the listing) > Property Management Software: Connected - Uplisting

I think there is something wrong with Airbnb's API. This seems to be happening to several customers. The Airbnb support team just reads me the same script and just tells me the same thing that I'm seeing on my page. My profiles says I'm not connected to any third parties. My listing says I am. I suspect there is some hard reset/sync that Airbnb will need to do on their end but they have no one knowledgeable enough to do this for their customers.

Their suggestion is to hide my current listing (to keep my current bookings) and make a duplicate. Which would wipe out all my reviews and have no reviews associated to my duplicate.

Top Answer

@Craig806  you were completely correct. I never got that message from Airbnb. They seemed to never suggest that and kept reading me the same script. However, after about 48 hours I received access to my calendar again. Also, thanks for the heads up on the pricing - I will check our prices!

This issue has been resolved. Thanks all!

View Top Answer in original post

4 Replies 4

@Nick-and-Lauren0 

Airbnb CS suggestion that you create a new listing to resolve this is just plain ridiculous. I have heard of other Hosts who ran into problems after adding a channel manager and then Airbnb automatically switched them to simplified pricing instead of split fee for the Service Fee, even though their listing is in the USA and is exempt (according to their own documentation). The problem persisted, even when they disconnected the 3rd party software. Seems like they are having difficulties and bugs with the the 3rd party software integration. I'm assuming you have sent them a screen shot showing their is no software connected to your account?

The only thing I can suggest is to log-off your Airbnb account on all devices (phone, computer, tablet). Then log back in on only one device using your email address (not phone number). I don't think this will help, but it's worth a shot.

Since your situation is urgent, (as I'm guessing you can't access important parts of your listing), perhaps one of the moderators can forward this to the appropriate team at Airbnb, as it is most definitely an issue with Airbnb. 

@Quincy , @Paula , @Bhumika , @Rebecca 

Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Thank you so much for tagging us, @Joan2709 

We are very glad to hear that this has been resolved for @Nick-and-Lauren0 

Regards 🌻

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Por favor consulta las Normas de la comunidad

Craig806
Level 4
Lawrenceville, GA

Hello @Nick-and-Lauren0,

I had a similar problem with Uplisting.  I could not access my Airbnb calendar after I removed Uplisting.  I contacted Uplisting and they informed me that it can take up to 48 hours, has to do with the API didn’t understand why.  They were correct after 48 hours I was able to access my Airbnb calendar.  Not sure how long it’s been since you removed the Airbnb API. 

Just an FYI!  Once you gain access to your Airbnb calendar.  Make sure you check your rates, up to 6 months.  All my rates changed to $100.  Didn’t notice until after someone booked during the holiday.  

@Craig806  you were completely correct. I never got that message from Airbnb. They seemed to never suggest that and kept reading me the same script. However, after about 48 hours I received access to my calendar again. Also, thanks for the heads up on the pricing - I will check our prices!

This issue has been resolved. Thanks all!