Airbnb Calendar Suddenly Stopped Syncing With Vrbo November 2023

Answered!

Airbnb Calendar Suddenly Stopped Syncing With Vrbo November 2023

Hi All:

Anyone else notice their Airbnb calendars suddenly stopped syncing with other platforms yesterday? This caused a double booking as Airbnb Calendar stopped syncing with Vrbo. Looks like Airbnb is making software changes to the calendar and/or new Winter Release causing a glitch? Suggest everyone verify your calendars are syncing correctly.

Below is a screen shot of a change I noticed on the Airbnb calendars when trouble-shooting the issue yesterday. This feature was not previously appearing on the Calendar when a date was blocked by an imported calendar. Not sure this has anything to do with the issue. I created a block on Vrbo for a date and this is how it appeared on Airbnb. This is the first time I have seen this?

@Paula , @Breanna , @Bhumika could you forward this to the appropriate team at Airbnb?

Thanks!

Syncing Issue Vrbo.png

Syncing Issue Vrbo 2.png

1 Best Answer

Hi  @Lorna170 , @Byron-And-Maggie0 , @Bob297 , @Marc11734 

Looks like calendars are syncing once again. Did some testing and appears both Airbnb & Vrbo are both working. Yay! 

Thanks to @Breanna & @Paula for passing the issue to the appropriate team at Airbnb!

View Best Answer in original post

18 Replies 18
Breanna
Community Manager
Community Manager
Pontefract, United Kingdom

Thanks for tagging us @Joan2709!

We'll be sure to raise this with the team and will let you know if they need any more details about the issue.  

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

VRBO is also giving me a message that is it not syncing with Airbnb. 

I just noticed this as well. VRBO to AirBnB is working. AirBnB to VRBO isn't.

I'm guessing it's a widespread issue of some sort. 

I tried deleting and re-adding on VRBO and it isn't working.

Will raise a case with AirBnB.

Ever since Airbnb rolled out its calendar software update in 2023, it has led to significant challenges for Short-Term Rental (STR) businesses. With more than 20 listings, we heavily depend on the calendar sync feature, but it's not only failing to sync properly, but also deleting imported calendars. It appears that their attempt to transition to a cloud-native software solution has inadvertently caused substantial issues. Considering these problems, we are contemplating completely discontinuing our use of Airbnb. One would expect a billion-dollar company to rigorously test updates before implementing them.

I am having the same issue, and can't seem to find a solution! I have deleted the calendar and tried re-importing it with the link provided by Airbnb. I saw in one post to check the link with a validator, and that showed a few errors in the code. Unfortunately, that is beyond my skill level to repair on my own.

@Breanna 

Just sent you a DM with screen shots showing the Airbnb Calendar Links not syncing with Vrbo...

Thanks for your help!

Bob297
Level 10
Bilthoven, Netherlands

@Joan2709 
Occasionally, the synchronization may experience interruptions. To resolve this issue, you can disconnect the sync on both ends and then establish the connection once more.

Thanks @Bob297 !

I tried deleting the links yesterday and didn't appear to work. Did it again this morning and now appears to be working? Didn't prevent the double booking yesterday though 😥

Bob297
Level 10
Bilthoven, Netherlands

@Joan2709 

I'm glad to hear that the solution worked for you. It's a good suggestion to contact support and inquire about penalty-free cancellation due to the syncing issues. Since it's uncertain which portal caused the problem, addressing it with both is a prudent approach.

Unfortunately, you have to check the proper functioning of the sync frequently.
I decided to use a property management system (smoobu) and have not had a problem during since I used it.
Before that, I had a lot of problems using several portals, which created a lot of work (4 properties)

Hi @Bob297 

Well...spoke too soon. Link to sync Airbnb calendar is not working on Vrbo. Sigh.  

Breanna
Community Manager
Community Manager
Pontefract, United Kingdom

Hi @Joan2709 

The technical team has got back to ask for some more information if possible: 

• Is it possible to get screenshots/screenrecording from VRBO and Airbnb's calendars, where there should be blocked dates and doesn't aren't to sync issues?
  • Also if you could please confirm which listing is affected

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

Hi @Breanna 

Would you like me to send you a DM with the screen shots? Not sure I can upload a video using DM though?

@Breanna   Read this posting yesterday.  I am also getting an error message on VRBO that my AirBnB calendar does not sync.

I deleted the AirBnB calendar on VRBO.

I deleted the VRBO calendar on AirBnB.

I rebooted my machine and waited an hour.

I exported the AirBnB calendar to VRBO.

I rebooted my machine and waited an hour.

I exported my VRBO calendar to AirBnB.

I rebooted my computer and waited an hour. 

I am still getting this message on the VRBO website, referencing a problem with importing my AirBnB calendar.

november26.jpg

Bob297
Level 10
Bilthoven, Netherlands

@Joan2709 
I used my wife's facebook and read on
Airbnb - VRBO - Booking.com | Professional Hosts

That a lot of people recently mentioned problems with the interface between Airbnb and VRBO