Airbnb is not responding to my reimbursment request

Airbnb is not responding to my reimbursment request

Airbnb is not responding to my reimbursment request when a guest left the keys inside the lock from the inside (I kid you not, a guest did this), making it impossible for me to get in even with another key (because the other key was inserted).

I had to call a special agent to come and unlock the door which resulted in 150 euros spent and Airbnb is not responding to refund us the money !!

5 Replies 5
Mike-And-Jane0
Top Contributor
England, United Kingdom

@Yassir14 Locks really need to be idiot proof. How the lock works may be obvious to you but will not be to the guest. I suggest you change the lock rather than wait for an Airbnb bail out that may never come.

In every place I've been to around the world, locks work pretty much the same way, if you leave a key inside the lock from the inside, it is impossible to open it with another key from the outside. It works like this everywhere on planet Earth. If you have nothing useful to add, I think it's better to refrain from commenting.

Mike-And-Jane0
Top Contributor
England, United Kingdom

@Yassir14 I guess you are not overly well travelled. Our locks will not lock if the key is left on the inside so it isn't an issue. 

I thought pointing this out was useful but if you wish to ignore good advice then you can expect the same issue to happen again and more expense to come your way.

Thanks for making empty assumptions, advice can never be good without knowing all the details related to the issue, so you have no idea what you're talking about. Since you're not saying anything relevant to this particular issue, please refrain from replying 🙂

Jenny
Community Manager
Community Manager
Galashiels, United Kingdom

Hi @Yassir14 

Welcome to the Community Center. 

I'm sorry to hear that you've had a problem with your keys being locked in by a guest, that would have been really frustrating to deal with.

I just wanted to let you know that the Community Center is a space for Hosts to support and help each other with Host-related issues, it's not a formal branch of Airbnb Support.  Hosts are encouraged to reply to their fellow Hosts to provide advice on what's worked for them, as well as sharing their own knowledge of Airbnb's workings.

In this case @Mike-And-Jane0 has come to give you the benefit of their experience, as they're a very experienced host.  I can't see that they've said anything offensive and have given you their advice on what they think you should do.  If the advice isn't quite what you're looking for, that's fine, but we ask that our members keep the Community Center Guidelines in mind and be kind and respectful even if they disagree with what another member has said.

I hope that Airbnb come back to you soon with an update.

Jenny

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines