Airbnb's awkward english translation

Airbnb's awkward english translation

When you're writing to a guest and say "no prob" the airbnb software will not recognize it as English and will translate it to the guest as "Don't Try It" lol. This can certainly  cause issues and I wonder what else is not being translated properly. 

7 Replies 7
Mar125
Level 10
California, United States

Hahaha. I’m dual language so i know this is an issue. the translation is helpful but it can be crappy from time to time. which is great. when you receive inquiry in crappy translation, you will know it’s most likely a scammer.

Lenore22
Level 10
California, United States

That's hilarious!!!

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

@Desmond28 Interesting!

Would you mind sharing more specifics such as the reservation number (to check with which guest this error happened), and the language in which the account is for the guest (if you have any idea)?

Any screenshots related to this mistranslation will be greatly appreciated. That way tech team can confirm where the issue is and feedback forward.

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

Reservation numbers ** and **happened twice before I could figured out the listing host wasn't being cheeky. Language should have both been set to English. The listing host who wrote "no prob" didn't see her reply translated, but I am the cohost and have auto translate on so was only getting her translated reply.. 

Bhumika_0-1689878081855.png

**[Reservation number hidden - Community Center Guidelines]

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Great @Desmond28 ! Thank you so much for the prompt response. Forwarding it for the tech team's reference.

Appreciate the detailed image and the efforts you put in for it! I am blurring out the names in your screenshot for Community Center. But will give the detailed one to tech team.

Thank you again!

-----

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hi @Desmond28, Just wanted to let you know that this was identified as a bug and that it will be worked upon. Thank you so much for sharing your feedback with us!

-----

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Personally I wouldn't write in shorthand or slang to guests who don't share a common language, particularly when I know Airbnb uses a translation app