All Vermont calendars blocked for a year

Randy436
Level 2
Cambridge, VT

All Vermont calendars blocked for a year

Hello fellow air b and bers  I wanted to bring to your attention that I have noticed  that all of Vermont air b and b have been blocked until April 2021 . I had a lengthy discussion with air bnb supervisors and asked why? As the time frame from our governor was until 4/15/2020. Sure this may get extended but the stated did not mandate an entire year. Am o missing something? This can and will effect our reservations into the future . I support the shutdown for all our safety however block dates that are mandated by the state and no more . Did anyone else notice this?  Campgrounds and hotels can book after the 4/15/2020 date unless the governor extends it. But air B and B extended it for a year. They are working to clear this up . This can effect long term down the road income for us. Thoughts? 

3 Replies 3
Trey-and-Nikki0
Level 2
Westfield, MA

Where did you see until 2021? I only saw until further notice. Source?

Sarah1061
Level 2
Jamaica, VT

Our calendar was blocked indefinitely by Airbnb. That is, it extends way beyond 2021. Governor Scott just announced on Friday that short term rentals can open June 15. But because I can’t unblock our calendar since Airbnb blocked it, we can’t receive reservations after June 15.

Erin5150
Level 2
Philadelphia, PA

Hello fellow Vermont Air Bnb Hosts,

We will be renting our condo in Ludlow and looking for recs for cleaning services. Any help is greatly appreciated.  Thank you