Amenities for long term guests

Answered!
Sue799
Level 2
Savanna, IL

Amenities for long term guests

We're hosting our first long term stay for 28 days.  Are the hosts expected to provide all the amenities for the entire stay such as coffee, toilet paper, paper towel, soap, shampoo, etc?  It could costs us hundreds of dollars out of pocket when the guests are only paying $50/night.

Thank you

1 Best Answer
Helen744
Level 10
Victoria, Australia

@Sue799 Its always a good idea to offer a weekly clean and ask the guest for an 'additional fee' via messaging. Make this very very clear that this is part of your long term stay.One fee is already built into the cost , i.e if you charge a fee. If not institute this with the guest. Provide your usual pack to start the guest and inform them that they must purchase these items after the first week. Some items like enough products to keep the house clean for the entire month are important that you do provide , like dishwasing liquid , sponges , dishwashing tabs , bin bags , mops , brooms etcetera.If you offer long term and its not enough to cover up front basics then your price is too low. Its better to remove discounts for week stays and month stays in this case. Increase your prices for future stays immediately . Add an initial rule to say that stays longer than a week will attract an additional cleaning fee. Long stays should be more lucrative , not less ... H

View Best Answer in original post

2 Replies 2
Helen744
Level 10
Victoria, Australia

@Sue799 Its always a good idea to offer a weekly clean and ask the guest for an 'additional fee' via messaging. Make this very very clear that this is part of your long term stay.One fee is already built into the cost , i.e if you charge a fee. If not institute this with the guest. Provide your usual pack to start the guest and inform them that they must purchase these items after the first week. Some items like enough products to keep the house clean for the entire month are important that you do provide , like dishwasing liquid , sponges , dishwashing tabs , bin bags , mops , brooms etcetera.If you offer long term and its not enough to cover up front basics then your price is too low. Its better to remove discounts for week stays and month stays in this case. Increase your prices for future stays immediately . Add an initial rule to say that stays longer than a week will attract an additional cleaning fee. Long stays should be more lucrative , not less ... H

Lisa990
Level 4
Omaha, NE

I have a pre-booking message that states that paper products, including toilet paper and paper towels as well as other consumable amenities are not replaced beyond the first 2 days. There is usually enough to last for a week, though. Since I give a discount for stays of one week and more for one month (plus I don't live on or near the premises) I think it is okay to ask them to provide those things for themselves.