Anyone else's place not showing when "entire place" is selected?

Answered!
Alex10983
Level 4
Hitcham, United Kingdom

Anyone else's place not showing when "entire place" is selected?

I noticed today that when I search for my listing online it doesn't show if the filter for "entire place" is selected. Has anyone else noticed this with theirs?

It shows fine without but once that filter is checked it gets removed from searches even though it's set up as being the "entire place".

Screenshot_20231028-112255.png

Screenshot_20231028-111449.png

Screenshot_20231028-111441.png

1 Best Answer
Pete28
Level 10
Seattle, WA

Changing the listing to guest house and then entire place then hit save seems to have fixed the problem for me. It now appears correctly. 

give it a try !

View Best Answer in original post

80 Replies 80

Hello @Mike-And-Jane0 @Alex10983 

My CS rep told me that the IT "engineers" have known of this problem since early October

No comment

Joëlle

@Joelle43 Interesting. Its probs OK for lucky hosts like @Marianne89 where all the local listings have disappeared but for us about 2/3 have gone leaving 30% of very lucky hosts with limited competition.

@Mike-And-Jane0 and the thing is they have probably no idea how lucky they are.  Just like there are millions of hosts who have no idea why their reservations and views are down, well now we know...

yes! Early October is when my listing started having a series of random search issues. I was told everything will be “back to normal” on November 1. I certainly hope that will be the case! 

I spoke to support yesterday as I have same issue along with my whole neighborhood in San Francisco, NO listings show up when searching whole house but they pop up under rooms. (Note: Everyone call support if you have this problem!)

=========

SUPPORT REPLIED TO ME AS FOLLOWS:

“This issue will be passed along with all the relevant information we have gathered, including the screenshots I have gathered on my end. What will then happen is the report I will compile from my own investigation of this glitch. This report will then be added to a gathering that we will have of people reporting the same issue and the technical team will then work together to track all the issues and work on making a fix for the problem. The more issues that are reported, the speedier the fix to the issue.”

Thank you @Marianne89 for updating us and letting us know 😊

Joelle43
Level 10
Cannes, France

my last reply was cut off, here is response I got after calling in to support Hezron R.,   SUPPORT REPLIED TO ME AS FOLLOWS: This issue will be passed along with all the relevant information we have gathered, including the screenshots I have gathered on my end. What will then happen is the report I will compile from my own investigation of this glitch. This report will then be added to a gathering that we will have of people reporting the same issue and the technical team will then work together to track all the issues and work on making a fix for the problem. The more issues that are reported, the speedier the fix to the issue.

Pete28
Level 10
Seattle, WA

Changing the listing to guest house and then entire place then hit save seems to have fixed the problem for me. It now appears correctly. 

give it a try !

Alex10983
Level 4
Hitcham, United Kingdom

Oh wow yes that works for me too, well done!!!  👏I'm going to do that now but they still need to fix it.

I've noticed off the back of you saying this that the properties that still show I think are the ones that were never listed as Cottage or House. Some people had guest house anyway so I think those people are the ones that still showed. It must be thousands of properties affected by this!

It’s hard to tell, some that are listed as apartments are still showing correctly - I was figuring maybe the way the enumeration was set has changed and resetting it might work. Good for business to have it back up and working !

Alex10983
Level 4
Hitcham, United Kingdom

I actually put it back to what it was and that works too!

Ricardo85
Level 10
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

Before....Before....

After the tip...After the tip...

Se você achou esta resposta útil não deixe de dar um "Like".

Meu Perfil.

Coloque "@Ricardo". Assim eu recebo uma notificação.

Dora486
Level 10
Frigiliana, Spain

yay!  It’s sorted, my listing now showing correctly.  Here’s to bookings flooding in!

Kaleigh12
Level 2
Newport Beach, CA

This is happening to all my listings. I removed villa on my portal and change to home, then it did not work. Then I created new listings then the old listing finally appeared (and not the new one), something about recreating the listing associated with the address changed it. It's really funky and has wasted a ton of time. I have called airbnb a handful of times and each time they have "escalated" with no results. 

Kaleigh Trider