BUG - Email received to write a review incorrectly states "Rate your stay at " guest's Airbnb house

Answered!
Justin60
Level 1
Austin, TX

BUG - Email received to write a review incorrectly states "Rate your stay at " guest's Airbnb house

1. I am the host of this stay
  2. My guest also hosts for Airbnb
  3. My guest wrote a review BEFORE me
  4. The notification email "<guest name> wrote you a review" incorrectly shows an action button "Rate your stay at <guest name>'s place"

Wrong Email

1 Best Answer

Definitely a bug.  Reach out to Airbnb and get a case opened to look into it.  

Step 1: Visit https://www.airbnb.ca/help/contact_us

Step 2: From the bottom of the screen, choose either "My question is about something else" or "I have a different issue"

Step 3: Follow the prompts to figure out what best describes your issues.  Some things you choose will take you to specific information whereas others you can fill in the text box and submit your question.  

When you submit a question, you can expect an answer back from a Community Expert within five minutes but usually less.  If the Community Expert cannot help you, they can re-route your issue to Airbnb who will then contact you.  Airbnb Community Experts do not have access to your account information so if it is a question that can only be answered with account information, they will re-route you automatically.  Airbnb Community Experts are available 24/7 and again, usually you will have an answer from them within minutes.

View Best Answer in original post

2 Replies 2

Definitely a bug.  Reach out to Airbnb and get a case opened to look into it.  

Step 1: Visit https://www.airbnb.ca/help/contact_us

Step 2: From the bottom of the screen, choose either "My question is about something else" or "I have a different issue"

Step 3: Follow the prompts to figure out what best describes your issues.  Some things you choose will take you to specific information whereas others you can fill in the text box and submit your question.  

When you submit a question, you can expect an answer back from a Community Expert within five minutes but usually less.  If the Community Expert cannot help you, they can re-route your issue to Airbnb who will then contact you.  Airbnb Community Experts do not have access to your account information so if it is a question that can only be answered with account information, they will re-route you automatically.  Airbnb Community Experts are available 24/7 and again, usually you will have an answer from them within minutes.

Annette33
Level 10
Prescott, AZ

I had the very same thing with my last guest, that we were asked to rate our stay at her place!

I just shrugged it off and submitted my review of her after I received the notification that she had reviewed us.

It all went through okay - and she was and is clearly identified in the reviews as the guest, and we were and are clearly identified  as her hosts.

I have seen so many little glitches on Airbnb's platform lately, I just go with the flow, and had decided not to worry about that one...