Beds vs bedrooms

Ian34224
Level 1
Hove, United Kingdom

Beds vs bedrooms

Newbie alert. We have a new listing, it has 2 bedrooms, 1 has a king bed, 1 has 2 single beds, we also have a separate mattress we can pull out for a 5th guest. 
our listing on Airbnb is confusing. 
it says 5 guests, 2 bedrooms, 3 beds? 
why 3 beds?

Any tips appreciated. 

Thanks! 

3B3FF7B3-188B-4B75-A1B7-A87BEEB1BF58.jpeg

3 Replies 3
Emilia42
Level 10
Orono, ME

@Ian34224 

3 beds because you have the floor mattress. If I were you, I would not mention the floor mattress. I would also only list 4 guests maximum. Cramming people into a space just because you have an extra mattress to pull out is not always the best idea. 

Screen Shot 2022-05-17 at 7.12.39 AM.png

Gillian166
Level 10
Hay Valley, Australia

I agree with @Emilia42  We also have a floor mattress and we only offer it when guests ask if they can squeeze in another kid/person.  Sometimes I offer it as a free value add, depends on my instinct with the group. 

Your place looks divine btw. amazing! gave you a ❤️ 
fyi, small dogs are the ones who jump on furniture, sleep on beds and chew the legs of sofas, oh, and hump your cushions..... just speaking up for big dogs! 🙂  I wouldn't let any pets in your place, and I'm a dog owner, dog lover, pet advocate. 

Mikki0
Level 10
Long Beach, CA

Because you do have three beds. One king, and 2 twin = 3 beds. 

This place would be perfect for a couple with two children. If you're wanting to rent to two couples, then 1 bed per room would be better and your listing would reflect 2 bedrooms, 2 beds.