Blocked Dates - Is it a Glitch?

Answered!
Helen427
Level 10
Auckland, New Zealand

Blocked Dates - Is it a Glitch?

Screenshot_2020-06-22 Views - Airbnb.png

Has anyone else had dates blocked without been advised thids had done?

1 Best Answer
Helen427
Level 10
Auckland, New Zealand

Yes @Sarah977  it's the past history graph view of our calendar, the advance dates one showed those dates as having been viewed, as opposed to no views, as I check that regularly.

No views runs along the bottom of the graph with a line along 0 ( zero).

The diagonal lines have also shown on our calendar as been dates when a guest has stayed in the past or is coming in future.

Have you or anyone else noticed that sometimes there's no views or data on your Dashboard views and then if you click on another icon & go back it appears?

I've had that here in CC on my profile page and have to click on the title of topics to get it to show up.

Hence likely to be yet more IT glitches.

Unfortunately I haven't had anyone stay on those dates so it doesn't make any sense they have lines through and appear to have been blocked.

I've not paused or blocked my listing in anyway and initially wondered if tied in with our lockdown levels but it doesn't.

And yes I've cleared out the cache and used several devices and it's done the same on all of them, including at workplace.

View Best Answer in original post

4 Replies 4
Helen427
Level 10
Auckland, New Zealand

* without this been done by themselves?

I noticed going back through my calendar progress that dates have been blocked on random dates that were never ever blocked or other by myself.

The Customer Services person who I spoke to said there are other Hosts calendars in the area who have got dates blocked but different dates.

I've been through & double checked every part of my listing without establishing how & where this could have happened.

My calendar did NOT show up in anyway as been blocked on the dates where the shadowed lines are. Shadowed lines which usually signify that a person has stayed on those dates.

@Nick @Liv@Stephanie @Lizzie anything you know about & can help with to ensure it doesn't happen again please?

Thanks in advance 

Helen427
Level 10
Auckland, New Zealand

@Liv @Stephanie @Lizzie @Quincy @Nick 

Please fix this ASAP with your IT Team , it seems to be blocking off dates without my knowledge still and according to CS it has done it to others in our Location as well.

With the exception at the moment of our border all other services and life is up and running as it was pre covid and the subsequent closure of many businesses and loss of jobs.

Plenty of locals and tourists here requiring accommodation with lots of accommodation available across the countryside.

@Livplease check your DM.

Thanks in advance

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Helen427  That's your views graph, not your calendar, isn't it? What it is showing is the number of views per day. Mine looks like that as well and none of the calendar dates have been blocked. I think the shaded days are either days that there weren't any views or that Airbnb didn't record views, for some reason.

Helen427
Level 10
Auckland, New Zealand

Yes @Sarah977  it's the past history graph view of our calendar, the advance dates one showed those dates as having been viewed, as opposed to no views, as I check that regularly.

No views runs along the bottom of the graph with a line along 0 ( zero).

The diagonal lines have also shown on our calendar as been dates when a guest has stayed in the past or is coming in future.

Have you or anyone else noticed that sometimes there's no views or data on your Dashboard views and then if you click on another icon & go back it appears?

I've had that here in CC on my profile page and have to click on the title of topics to get it to show up.

Hence likely to be yet more IT glitches.

Unfortunately I haven't had anyone stay on those dates so it doesn't make any sense they have lines through and appear to have been blocked.

I've not paused or blocked my listing in anyway and initially wondered if tied in with our lockdown levels but it doesn't.

And yes I've cleared out the cache and used several devices and it's done the same on all of them, including at workplace.