Blocking future dates that are not currently available on my calendar -

Keith101
Level 2
Spartanburg, SC

Blocking future dates that are not currently available on my calendar -

My current availability calendar goes out 90 days for flexibility purposes.  Because of my job, I periodically have to go out of town in-which I will not rent out my Airbnb.  Some of these dates are past the 90-day availability window.  At one time, I was able to block these dates off and they would not become available as the calendar caught up to said dates - once blocked off, the remained blocked off.  But it seems now I can not do that.  I am trying to block off future days beyond my 90 day availability calendar window when I know I'll be out of town but anything past 90 days registers/reads as "blocked" .... not because I've blocked them but because they are unavailable via the parameters of calendar.  I need to hard block some future dates beyond my 90 day calendar .... is that possible anymore?   I know my description of the situation is a little confusing but hopefully someone has soon good advice.  Thank you in advance!

4 Replies 4

@Keith101 

Yes...this became a problem after the summer release. Another Host discovered you need to turn on pro tools and use the multicalendar to block future dates past your availability window. You can't use the regular calendar.

See thread:

https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/Ask-about-your-listing/How-to-block-future-dates/m-p/1795620

How to Use Pro Tools, Rule Sets & Multicalendar

https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/Community-Guides/GUIDE-Use-Pro-Tools-to-Set-Calendar-Custom-Pric...

It will look like this. Select blocked for the dates you want using the multicalendar:

Block Options.png

Thank you so much for your quick reply and links to the other-threads!

I have a single property ... we do this on the side while working our "real jobs" .... and this all seems very burdensome for hosts!    Not being aware of this situation, I'm going to have to cancel a guest who booked dates that I "thought" I had blocked off on my calendar as I will be out of town and not available.  I'm not sure I understand why after 5-months, a software fix has not been pushed out to fix the problem without having to use a go-around that seems immensely complicated  .... again, burdensome for hosts!  Very frustrating!  Hopefully corporate will fix the problem soon!

Thank you again for your response!  Happy 2024!

@Keith101 

I totally understand!  Since you already got a booking you didn't want even if you only use the multicalendar as a temporary measure to block dates past your availability, it might be worth it to you? Turning on Pro Tools and using the multicalendar is not very hard. 

Not sure if blocking future dates on the regular calendar past availability will be added back by Airbnb any time soon

@Joan2709 Just a quick note to thank you for your help!  You are correct, using the multicalendar function of pro-tools was not complicated.  At the time of my last reply, my bandwidth was pretty narrow due to many other things being on my plate - and I was in no mood for yet another "challenge".

I appreciate your patience and guidance!  Take care and Happy New Year!