Blocking one room sync-ed with the entire place does not automatically block the entire place?

Esther610
Level 2
Iowa City, IA

Blocking one room sync-ed with the entire place does not automatically block the entire place?

Hello everyone,

I'm new to airbnb hosting and I have a question. I'm sorry if this question's been asked, I couldn't find it. So I have three separate rooms listed as well as the entire place. Each room's calendar is sync-ed with the calendar for the entire place to prevent double booking. 

Here's my story: I had a guest (A) who requested to book one room for certain dates,  but he said he can make a payment only in the future near the check in date, so I had blocked these dates to save them for him. However, I learned (when another guest (B) booked for the entire place) that it does not automatically block the same dates for the entire place, even though the two calendars are sync-ed. I had originally thought that blocking one room's availability would automatically block the entire place since they are sync-ed, so I didn't really check the calendar for the entire place. Is it possible to cancel guest B's reservation without a penalty? Or is it just my fault that I didn't know about this? Thank you very much in advance!

0 Replies 0