Booking 3 months in Advance

Answered!
Jatinder8
Level 2
New York, NY

Booking 3 months in Advance

I received a 3 Night booking request for mid April. And I don't have any bookings till that time. What if I don't get any booking request for 3 months? I'm scared booking that much in advance. 

Q. What's a polite response I should give to the guest now?

1 Best Answer
Joelle43
Top Contributor
Cannes, France

Hello @Jatinder8 

It's unlikely that you won't receive a booking request between now and April but if you are uncomfortable with opening up your calendar that far in advance, then you can change this in your settings BUT do NOT cancel this reservation as: 

a) Your calendar will be blocked anyway by Airbnb as hosts cancelling on guests just got tougher and you won't be able to rebook this dates at a later date.  Please read the link below

https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/990

b) you will receive a penalty fine for cancelling

c) There will be a message that all guests will read under your reviews that will warn them that you cancelled on a guest so this will not install the trust necessary for other guests to book with you.

If your calendar is not open for bookings a few months ahead, the Airbnb algorithm will favour those listings that have their calendar open for longer periods so bear this in mind.

What are your settings at the moment for your calendar?  How many months is your calendar open  for 3/6/9/12 months or even more?

Is there anything that makes you particularly anxious about hosting this far out or is it just a question of first time nerves?  Totally normal if it is😊

I am presuming that you have received a booking request and not an information request as mentioned in your topic?

Joëlle

View Best Answer in original post

1 Reply 1
Joelle43
Top Contributor
Cannes, France

Hello @Jatinder8 

It's unlikely that you won't receive a booking request between now and April but if you are uncomfortable with opening up your calendar that far in advance, then you can change this in your settings BUT do NOT cancel this reservation as: 

a) Your calendar will be blocked anyway by Airbnb as hosts cancelling on guests just got tougher and you won't be able to rebook this dates at a later date.  Please read the link below

https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/990

b) you will receive a penalty fine for cancelling

c) There will be a message that all guests will read under your reviews that will warn them that you cancelled on a guest so this will not install the trust necessary for other guests to book with you.

If your calendar is not open for bookings a few months ahead, the Airbnb algorithm will favour those listings that have their calendar open for longer periods so bear this in mind.

What are your settings at the moment for your calendar?  How many months is your calendar open  for 3/6/9/12 months or even more?

Is there anything that makes you particularly anxious about hosting this far out or is it just a question of first time nerves?  Totally normal if it is😊

I am presuming that you have received a booking request and not an information request as mentioned in your topic?

Joëlle