Booking Window - dates unavailable by default

Answered!
Greg243
Level 2
Atlanta, GA

Booking Window - dates unavailable by default

Hi,

Does the "dates unavailble by default" allow guests to only book those dates for which I've specified the nightly/weekly/month pricing?

I don't want to use the default rate because it's always too high or too low. I like to set my own rates.  But I need to do so more than 12 months out, so none of the time-based Booking Windows work for me.

Any advice on how to do this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Greg

1 Best Answer
Steve143
Level 10
Limerick, Ireland

Hello @Greg243,

The "Dates unavailable by default" setting means that dates are not available for booking unless you manually unblock them. They being available or not for booking doesn't in any way depend on price setting. You could select this setting, set your prices as far in advance as you need to and then manually unblock dates for which you've set your desired price and on which you can accommodate guests.

With this option you can receive bookings as far in advance as you have manually priced and unblocked dates.

You can still use one of the time based options but set prices for the available and as yet not available dates which are further in the future than the number of months you selected. In time, as those dates become available, the price will be the one you set while they were still marked as unavailable.

With this option you can price dates as far in advance as you wish but bookings will be possible only up to a rolling 12 months in the future, 6 month or 3 months depending on which specific one you choose.

Steve.

View Best Answer in original post

3 Replies 3
Steve143
Level 10
Limerick, Ireland

Hello @Greg243,

The "Dates unavailable by default" setting means that dates are not available for booking unless you manually unblock them. They being available or not for booking doesn't in any way depend on price setting. You could select this setting, set your prices as far in advance as you need to and then manually unblock dates for which you've set your desired price and on which you can accommodate guests.

With this option you can receive bookings as far in advance as you have manually priced and unblocked dates.

You can still use one of the time based options but set prices for the available and as yet not available dates which are further in the future than the number of months you selected. In time, as those dates become available, the price will be the one you set while they were still marked as unavailable.

With this option you can price dates as far in advance as you wish but bookings will be possible only up to a rolling 12 months in the future, 6 month or 3 months depending on which specific one you choose.

Steve.

Steve,

Thanks for explaining. I just listed for the first time, so I'm tryning to figure this all out.

If you manually unblock dates in the future, as you accept reservations, does the system automatically block them?  (I should hope so, but want to be sure)

Thanks,

Greg

Hello @Greg243,

If you manually unblock dates and someone books them the dates that are booked are immediately blocked from being booked by anyone else. This happens automatically as soon as the reservation is confirmed.

Steve.