Both of my listing suspended for no reason

Hayley153
Level 1
Las Vegas, NV

Both of my listing suspended for no reason

I'm so furious with Airbnb I can't even stand it!!!  It makes me want to cry just talking about it. I have two listings. Nothing but great reviews for the last year. I think I have like 65 reviews, all of which are five stars except for maybe 4 and those are only because the people tried to get over on me and I called them out, so they gave me a bad review. My average with both listings is a 4.8, no cancellations, 100% response rate. They suspended both of my listings so I can't get bookings and they're not visible on Airbnb..this was TWO freaking weeks ago and nobody will talk to me or tell me why they have been suspended!!!  I have called seven times and the only thing they will tell me is that the department that handles everything has no phone support and I need to wait to get an email

!! I'm a single mom and this is my only source of income I have two little children and I can't get any bookings and I don't know why and don't know what to do. They also took away my super host status!! Anybody have any suggestions?!? I work so hard to keep these listings up and make sure I have good ratings just for this to happen......it's  pretty  devastating. 

69 Replies 69
Linda108
Level 10
La Quinta, CA

This is a terrible situation to be in, suspended listings and no information.  It is anyone's guess what triggered the suspension, so I won't try to guess.  I wonder if you have considered using another platform in addition to Air BNB.  You have mostly great reviews so guests are experiencing the value of your llistings.  If you do decide to list on other platforms, be sure to link your calendars so you don't get double booked.  Good luck and let us know how this all resolves.

They did this to me once - it turned out that my City License had been suspended without my knowledge.  I can't remember why but once my City Representative got involved with the City it did get squared away.

How did you ever get a response from them? I have contacted them 9 times and no one will give me a straight answer.

Dale711
Level 10
Paris, France

Hi @Hayley153,

Sorry to hear about your experience.

I can still see your two listings in your profile. Your listings are temporarily delisting.

I believe that the guest has made a complaint with one of your listings or with other issues.

Airbnb is in the progress stage to investigate both listings.

Meanwhile, do contact Airbnb Support Help Center, do a ‘live chat’ with the team [ not an Airbnb bot ] that is always someone here to respond to you within few minutes.

Acknowledge the support team, inform the case manager who’s handling your case to contact you urgently. Do keep your phone beside you and often check your Airbnb message and email.

You can live chat with the team daily to request the manager to update you.

I hope everything is fine; Airbnb will assist you.

Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Hayley153 

Your listings are removed from the search system and can not be booked.

They are still visible on your profile and homepage.

There must be a reason Airbnb is suspending them (hopefully temporary).

Hosts useally know already what could be the reason: a recent issue with the listing, with a guest, a neighbour, a license, an offsite payment, security camera's, a safety issue  etc..

But you need to wait for respons from Airbnb.

Alternatives to list your accommodation on:

Websites like airbnb alternatives

Jessica1382
Level 3
Watertown, NY

Same.  I just had an insane person stay with me and claim there were security cameras in my picture frames and smoke detector. I'm suspended for 3 months and NO response after 30 hours of constant messaging asking for clarificaiton or help.  How is this possible?  No notification, just suspended.  Took down my friend's listing since I'm a co-host too and I don't even help her out any more.  It's so terrible and such poor management.  I'm glad I didn't opt in to the stock option, Airbnb is going to eat itself by pushing us all out.

Fred13
Level 10
Placencia, Belize

@Hayley153 "..except for maybe 4 and those are only because the people tried to get over on me and I called them out, so they gave me a bad review."

Be helpful if you give us an example. I think Airbnb is very hyper-sensitive about confrontations arising  between guest & hosts; a very tricky area indeed because the responsibility of this not happening falls almost totally on the host. A tall order indeed at times, no doubt.

Does Airbnb give any warning before suspending or delisting your properties?  Is there any way to identify those crazy guests? 

Anthony608
Level 10
Silver Spring, MD

I have heard a lot of horror stories about this sort of thing and I can only thank heavens that I have not experienced this as well.  I have also heard some people have had good experiences voicing their concerns on the AirBNB Facebook page or simply calling repeatedly until they get some type of answer.

Having asked around, the common reason I hear about this happening is guests complaining by calling AirBNB about either discrimination or undisclosed security cameras.  Did you ever find out what the reason was?  I checked your profile and it no longer came up.  Are you completely off the platform now because of this issue?

Jo620
Level 4
Wokingham, United Kingdom

I'm very new to this so I hope this doesn't happen to me .I am going to make sure I read the guests reviews ( check them out) first  to see if they are a good egg.

Nick
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi @Hayley153 I'd like to ask you to check your Direct Messages as I've sent you an update on this. Many thanks! 

@Hayley153posted this in 11/2021 and now you’re getting back to her 4 months later ??? @Nick 
Is this how long we will have to wait ??? 
I’m having the same issues as you see above. 

@Kathleen517  The dates on postings are English date format - DDMMYYYY - not US date format MMDDYYYY. The original post is from April 11th. 

Also, nobody here works for Airbnb, but sometimes the forum moderators here are able to make contact with Airbnb support to get the status on an open ticket. 

@Kathleen517 Just FYI 11/2021 hasn't happened yet . . . 

A guest has likely reported you for something. Something you may never know. The Airbnb suspension usually lasts 5 days unless there is further investigation. It's ridiculous and insane to treat well-established hosts like this but for some reason, Airbnb thinks it's the best process and is all automated. I hope everything works out for you.