Both of my listing suspended for no reason

Hayley153
Level 1
Las Vegas, NV

Both of my listing suspended for no reason

I'm so furious with Airbnb I can't even stand it!!!  It makes me want to cry just talking about it. I have two listings. Nothing but great reviews for the last year. I think I have like 65 reviews, all of which are five stars except for maybe 4 and those are only because the people tried to get over on me and I called them out, so they gave me a bad review. My average with both listings is a 4.8, no cancellations, 100% response rate. They suspended both of my listings so I can't get bookings and they're not visible on Airbnb..this was TWO freaking weeks ago and nobody will talk to me or tell me why they have been suspended!!!  I have called seven times and the only thing they will tell me is that the department that handles everything has no phone support and I need to wait to get an email

!! I'm a single mom and this is my only source of income I have two little children and I can't get any bookings and I don't know why and don't know what to do. They also took away my super host status!! Anybody have any suggestions?!? I work so hard to keep these listings up and make sure I have good ratings just for this to happen......it's  pretty  devastating. 

69 Replies 69

Thank you @Emilia42 . I really hope so! It’s strange that this had never occurred in my history of hosting and being a guest yet now it happened to me AND now 3 places I’ve rented all in the same week for my winter vacation. It just seems like a really odd trend. Wish you all the best! 

Hi Emilia it will not let me reply to Kathleen directly but I would like to get off of this app onto a private chat group bc I have been hosting for 12 yrs & have a lot of inside information to share with all of you. Please go to I……G 

& contact me under 

texashuntress

xxo

Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Ash7 if your advice is to cancel and resist your properties to try and avoid guests seeing the poor reviews you have had then it is poor advice! The reviews are still very visible on your account.

WHAT??? What are you talking about? I NEVER said anything like this. your message is nuts.

I cannot understand your grammar or meaning here,  mike. I have amazing reviews for 12 years and only a handful of 4 or 5 out of 200 from some very terrible guests who violated me and my home. no idea what you mean.

@Ash7 May I invite myself to this party and message you also? Airbnb has literally been suspending my listing for five days at a time for the last at least 3 to 4 weeks. And I have been curious to see if they are just targeting me or if other people have been having the same issues.

Please do message me if you are on I. G. find me under texashuntress asap & yes let's please have a giant party. I cannot believe what you are telling me above. omg.

Hi, how do I contact you about this. It just happened to me 

Sonia411
Level 2
New York, NY

Hello everyone 🙂

I need help please, I am the host of  5 listings and working with  aibnb for the last 10 years, plus I am a Hotelier and  being in the hospitality business a number of years, I am taking a good care of my clients, and business, most of my reviews are 4.0 + for the 5 listings, I had  a situation last April with one of my guests, he left a terrible review, and in June i received the suspension notice for low reviews and lower performance - to remove my listing on September 09 - I appealed and it was denied, I am heart broken and very devastated with this situation, any one out there can give me an advise what ishould  i do at this point ?  thank you so much .

I recieved also that my listing will be  out of Airbnb  in September, I am trying to contact

any

hi sonia

I have been a host for 12 years and even hosted CEO brian chesky in my home twice. The new platform and all the BS they have pulled over the years to F up my life and traumatize me is insane! many people want me to write a book.

I am in Austin CST tonight up late. can you text me at 512.585.3939

I have been doing a lot of research and have some ideas for you!

xo ashley c

Mary419
Level 10
Savannah, GA

I read these posts routinely and get a bad feeling... I am never going to say yeah yeah we know they de-list perfectly good hosts for no good reason get over it. I want it posted and exposed. I think it needs to be protested EVERY time.

@Hayley153 @Sonia411 this is sad to say but I hope you are focusing efforts on getting business through platforms that make more sense. Have you tried the competing sites? I am not going to name them because I do not want this removed but all major competitors offer not only free listings but even assistance getting onboarded. It takes less than one hour to get listed if you have your photos etc ready.

The Airbnb platform is making no sense doing this to good hosts.

I have over 6k reviews which is actually less than 1/4 of my guests through this platform alone. I am very much saturated in this business and I do use other platforms but this is 1/3ish of my bookings and at least 3/4 of my problems. This week I had about a dozen weird guest problems including one where the girl said she could not figure out how to get enough water to the shower head... and by the time I was replying to her I got a call from Airbnb 800 number telling me I would not get paid for this reservation because it was a host violation.... and they unilaterally altered her booking to reflect she was gone before she was even gone... she ignored me when I asked her to confirm she was at least packed up and checked out. I asked twice over 2 hours trying to confirm she was gone and she gave me radio silence. When I went there the shower was the same as it has been for 3 years. Just low pressure.  In an antique relic apartment that is advertised as having amenity limitations with original plumbing fixtures. It was the first house in Savannah to have electricity.... and has its original plumbing well over 130 years old with some retrofitted fixtures but definitely not like a modern hotel unit.

I quickly got an email notice from Airbnb scolding me, saying this was noted on my account as a host violation and could result in suspension... also stating I could reply if I needed further help but actually locking me out from replying. Just a one sided message. And money taken, violating my cancelation policy.

This listing was one of very few units I had exclusively on Airbnb at this point.. because when I first started using the system I felt their listing format allowed more of a unique listing type. I mean if you can offer a tent or a yurt or a tree house then why not a historic relic apartment with low water pressure? But apparently we are all being held to some unknown standard now where any guest complaint is taken as gospel and our side of the story is not even requested. Agents do not compare listing descriptions to guest complaints... there is no logic to that

hi, Mary,

I think we had messaged before. What i cannot understand is whey they keep doing this to us hosts constantly, but any time I have trouble as as guest, which I began having TONS of trouble wt misrepresented properties, etc etc. over the past few years, they have done nothing for me as a guest, either. They have refused to refund me or help me in any way. the whole thing is a giant mess, in exactly the same way as wt the horrid ride-sharing companies. The CEO's are making millions at the top, and then paying $2 an hour to reps in the Philippines and other foreign countries.

So sad. Had a guest couple who checked in. On the last night in the smoking outside area one of them came down with a duffel bag full of Marijuana. We are talking JARS of them. Immediately, we informed the guests of our policy of no drugs in the house and that he had to leave it in the car. Next thing we know, they checked out before we woke up and AirBNB by afternoon suspended our account. Is this some crazy stuff or what?  No email. No communication. Nothing. 

Barry346
Level 6
Auckland, New Zealand

I'm currently going through the same thing and have documented the experience here

https://medium.com/@barrymurphy_73830/bad-airbnb-experience-from-a-superhost-1398a40795e

Still no one at AirBNB can tell me what is happening and my listings are all suspended.

Dan-And-Alex1
Level 2
Edinburgh, United Kingdom

We are in Greece and our listings have all been suspended  since Friday because we have covid! Our listings are in the UK 2,000 miles away and we have been here for months! So unfair. Have called lots of times and got nowhere. Provided requested info and got no response. Last thing we need right now.