Both of my listing suspended for no reason

Hayley153
Level 1
Las Vegas, NV

Both of my listing suspended for no reason

I'm so furious with Airbnb I can't even stand it!!!  It makes me want to cry just talking about it. I have two listings. Nothing but great reviews for the last year. I think I have like 65 reviews, all of which are five stars except for maybe 4 and those are only because the people tried to get over on me and I called them out, so they gave me a bad review. My average with both listings is a 4.8, no cancellations, 100% response rate. They suspended both of my listings so I can't get bookings and they're not visible on Airbnb..this was TWO freaking weeks ago and nobody will talk to me or tell me why they have been suspended!!!  I have called seven times and the only thing they will tell me is that the department that handles everything has no phone support and I need to wait to get an email

!! I'm a single mom and this is my only source of income I have two little children and I can't get any bookings and I don't know why and don't know what to do. They also took away my super host status!! Anybody have any suggestions?!? I work so hard to keep these listings up and make sure I have good ratings just for this to happen......it's  pretty  devastating. 

69 Replies 69

So sorry this is awful, but how does Airbnb know anything about your personal life? that you have covid, etc?

Kathleen517
Level 2
Seattle, WA

I am also a host in Seattle. @Airbnb also did this to me. I’m a super host and respond to all my guests to ensure the best service possible. My mom and I depend on this service to pay our rent. All my guests were really upset because they booked months ahead and one guest booked two whole weeks and @Airbnb  cancelled the listing the night before his check in. Now he isn’t able to rent a place to suit his budget and we are left with empty rooms.
I contacted Airbnb and same story … they said they will forward it to some department but never promised a time. At this point we are desperate and considering going to a different platform entirely. 
the weird thing is I’ve never had any issues and Airbnb usually sorts it out. However I’ve also rented a couple places in to stay at and this occured to both listings as well !!! I’m appalled but when I log in to check their listing … their dates are available and Airbnb won’t let me rent without adding a new number to verify. I did that and they won’t let me pay!! I’m incredibly upset about the unprofessionalism from this platform and how they treat me as a super host and guest . 

@Nick  can you update us on these matters ? 

Did you listing get resolved?

I have had ALL of these issues as both host and guest for 12 years straight. There is ZERO customer service.

Paul8194
Level 2
Ladysmith, Canada

I suddenly find myself in the same boat.  None of this is encouraging.  
I had a young couple with a baby reserved for four months while their fire damaged house gets sorted out.  They kept to themselves and assured me that everything was great whenever I inquired.  My last text exchange with them was about three weeks ago.  
Today i received a notice to leave a review about their stay.  I had no idea that they cancelled the day before and moved out two days before that.  I called Airbnb to find out why I had not been notified.  The agent promised to get back to me and let me know what the reason was for the cancellation.  I didn't ask for that.  It's their perfect right to cancel or change their booking for reasons that are none of my business.  It would have been courteous to give me a heads up, and certainly Airbnb should have let me know about the cancellation.  
Then I decide to view my listing on line to confirm that it's showing me as available, and I can't find it.  It took a bit of hunting around on the hosting website to discover that my listing is suspended.  No notice.  No reason.  
I called Airbnb to ask about this, and yes, it's another department and there's no direct lines between, so no transfer is possible.  No timeline is possible.  No phone contact is possible.  
My rating is 4.97 and all my reviews since I started in 2017 are glowing.  I have no idea why this is happening, and it seems I'm powerless to do anything about it. 
Airbnb's viability rests on their ability to deal with this kind of situation in an immediate fashion.  If we're all vulnerable to unexplained, unjustified sabotage from I don't know what (I can't assume it was originating from the guest), then why would anyone put themselves at risk?

I should note that they stayed two months of a four month reservation.

And they left the place clean.

What i truly do not understand about any of this is if your listing or any of our listings are taken down, it's just less money for airbnb. WHAT in the world??????? All i can say is that the company is basically being run and managed by low-level reps in the Philippines who get paid nothing and could care less if it affects your life or the repercussions it creates for the company's profits, etc.

Jeffry15
Level 2
Boston, MA

I am going thru that right now - suspended despite being a superhost, I have no idea why I was suspended and same run around that I need to wait for whichever department to email me regarding the suspension.  I never even got a notification that my host account was suspended, I noticed it because I noticed my bookings slowed down. I call everyday seeking information, and nope nothing. Its amazing a company as big as airbnb runs this part of their company like a scam - very troubling

Any luck with this being resolved?

Oubaid0
Level 2
Tangier, Morocco

I am going through the exact same thing, yesterday, I noticed that my listing was suspended without receiving any email or anything about it, I’ve contacted Airbnb support and I’m just amazed how unprofessional are some people working for a company like Airbnb, after 16 hours of the 1st and 2nd agent on the support chatting informing me that they will forward my case to a department specialized in these situations, a 3rd agent came and gave me the same and the only article you can find on the page saying that my listing is suspended, and the worst part is that he did it again after I told him I haven’t received any email from them. I have only 5 stars review on my listing, Intreat my guests with the most possible respect. This is absolutely ridiculous!!!

Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Oubaid0 

I looked at your profile and noticed a lot of reviews are from the same person.

Maybe this has triggered the Airbnb robots to suspend your listing ?

If it is the case, I don’t mind to take off the reviews, as I am absolutely not looking for these kind of reviews, that person is paying a huge amount every night he stays at my property as he is paying for catering and brings more guests, and we agree on a price beforehand. My issue, they don’t give me any details on why it is suspended

@Emiel1 
In addition to that, I am just starting the procedure to create a company and start renting appartements with the objectif of listing them on Airbnb, so, this stuff kind of scares me to continue on this path