Bug in Airbnb? Short term rental

Will3993
Level 1
Providence, RI

Bug in Airbnb? Short term rental

I could not seem to rent shorter than 30 days. I went to the city of Providence and got (i.e. paid  for) permission to do this , but airbnb is not reversing their block. I successfully got my application for short term rental approved but airbnb web is a maize of dead ends?!? Is there a trick? How do get into a position of being able to rent short term? Thanks and sorry for my frustration. 🙂

3 Replies 3

Hi @Will3993 

Looks like Providence RI has various requirements and zones for Short Term Rentals. It's hard to tell from your listing, but is it a guest suite in your home? Looks like an upstairs unit? Be sure to disclose that you live in the home (if you do) any disclose any shared spaces.

More than likely, you will have to enter your license information on your listing in order to show you have complied with the STR restrictions in Providence in order to rent for 28days or less. 

Go to:

Listing Page

Listing Editor

Click the Preferences Icon

Click Local Laws

Joan2709_0-1724874199904.png

If there are restrictions for your listing, it should show on that page. I understand other Hosts have to enter their license number in this section.

Otherwise, you'll have to continue to work with Airbnb CS to resolve.

Thank you @Joan2709 . I think I described it correctly but it’s my first time hosting. The rental has a private entrance but is physically part of the house with mo shared space. I applied and received the permission from the city.  My main problem was find the place to enter what Providence call a local reference ID into the site. I called Airbnb , they were trying to help me but the issue is not yet resolved. Thanks again. 

@Will3993 

I think you need to ender the Providence local reference ID number under the Local Laws section as shown in the screen shot above. 

Will guests be parking in your driveway? If so, that is a shared space and must be disclosed on the listing. Will guests be sharing any outdoor space? Patio, deck? That should also be disclosed. It looks like there are stairs up to the space? if so, you should indicate "must climb stairs" in the Property Info section under Guest Safety.  Looks like you are missing some sections in the listing? Go to Listing Editor and click each of the boxes (Airbnb calls them "cards") on the left side and new places to enter information will appear on the right side:

Joan2709_0-1724886832196.png