Calendar frozen ?

Answered!
Cheri354
Level 10
Helena-West Helena, AR

Calendar frozen ?

Hi~ Newish Host here 🙂 We need to block parts of the calendar (family events) but the calendar is not working. Calendar days are not with the line through but are greenish gray and I can't click on them. I get the red circle with a line in it when hovering over any date. Please advise ! Thank you.

**I will check back and respond to any queries after work.

RED.jpg

1 Best Answer

Hi @Cheri354 

I believe @Mike-And-Jane0 have discovered the issue. I looked at your listing and It looks like you have your calendar availability set to 3months? Anything outside that window will be blocked and you can't manually block future dates past your availability settings since the Summer 2023 release. Your screen shot doesn't show the month, but you said it was for the "current month"?

The only way to get around this is to turn on Pro Tools and use the multicalendar to block future dates. All hosts can use Pro Tools and the multi-calendar even if you only have one listing. Below is a link to a Community Guide on how to turn on Pro Tools:

How to Use Pro Tools

https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/Community-Guides/GUIDE-Use-Pro-Tools-to-Set-Calendar-Custom-Pric...

You will have an option to block dates past your calendar availability default setting. It will look like this:

Block Options.png

Hope this helps. Let us know if this works for you. 😊

View Best Answer in original post

9 Replies 9
Joelle43
Level 10
Cannes, France

Hello @Cheri354 

Would it be possible to send a screen shot so that we can see which calendar you are having problems with and are you using the phone app or computer?

Cheri354
Level 10
Helena-West Helena, AR

Screenshot 2023-11-02 at 08-14-55 Airbnb Vacation Rentals Cabins Beach Houses Unique Homes & Experiences.png

@Joelle43 Here's a shot of the current month. When I hover over any date it's a circle with strike through in red. How do I block a date here ? Thanks.

Cheri354
Level 10
Helena-West Helena, AR

Forgot to mention, I'm using the desktop computer 🙂

Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Cheri354 Are you outside your booking period? That is have the dates been opened up yet for others to book?

As far as I know, I'm open to book 🙂 I have no messages or emails telling me otherwise.

Thanks.

@Cheri354 I was thinking it might be outside the 3/6/9 month booking window (or whatever you have set)

Oh, rats~ I didn't realize ! Thanks for pointing that out.

Back to the drawing board...

😉

Hi @Cheri354 

I believe @Mike-And-Jane0 have discovered the issue. I looked at your listing and It looks like you have your calendar availability set to 3months? Anything outside that window will be blocked and you can't manually block future dates past your availability settings since the Summer 2023 release. Your screen shot doesn't show the month, but you said it was for the "current month"?

The only way to get around this is to turn on Pro Tools and use the multicalendar to block future dates. All hosts can use Pro Tools and the multi-calendar even if you only have one listing. Below is a link to a Community Guide on how to turn on Pro Tools:

How to Use Pro Tools

https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/Community-Guides/GUIDE-Use-Pro-Tools-to-Set-Calendar-Custom-Pric...

You will have an option to block dates past your calendar availability default setting. It will look like this:

Block Options.png

Hope this helps. Let us know if this works for you. 😊

Cheri354
Level 10
Helena-West Helena, AR

I'll go back and correct this. Thanks so much for your help @Joan2709  !