Calendar note missing from the calendar view

Kartik23
Level 3
Sammamish, WA

Calendar note missing from the calendar view

The calendar has now a dark theme and additional information. Which is good, however, now I cannot see my personal calendar notes against the booking!

64 Replies 64
Stephen384
Level 2
Calgary, Canada

I am having the same problem. When I called Airbnb for help, they had no idea what I was talking about and explained that you can click on the date, and click on show notes in the sidebar. The only thing that's helpful is that a dot appears on each date with a note.

This strikes me as an attempt to align the graphics of the web app with the mobile app. Notes are not visible on the mobile app either.

Stephen384
Level 2
Calgary, Canada

Hi, I see that the Community Center has marked this issue as answered and solved. Is this the case? Has Airbnb provided a solution to getting the notes back on the calendar?

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hi @Stephen384, The best answer is marked to let our members know that the calendar notes are not a glitch but are designed this way currently.

As you may see in the discussion, I have been taking notes of the feedback in this thread and passing them on to the Airbnb team. I also encourage you to share your feedback directly with the Airbnb Team as well through the  Feedback Form.

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

Bridget354
Level 3
Jacksonville, FL

I have just now also noticed this - and it's not good!! I also have notes for all the home football games and other events in my city to price accordingly just glancing at the month on the Calendar (which took plenty of time to add to the 6 months of events). Why did this basic feature disappear?

Alison956
Level 2
American River, Australia

Thank you. feedback sent This makes core & crucial part of business, significantly harder.  Much easier to miss things. We need notes front and centre to record critical information about particular dates/guest/bookings - so many things actually - why would this be hidden - a disastrous change - don't understand why.

J-B-4
Level 2
Bainbridge Island, WA

I am just chiming in on this topic to say that I too have relied heavily on seeing private notes on the calendar.  I spent an hour searching for a way to bring this back and was shocked that it was removed by design!

I could understand if it was due to lack of space on a smaller display, but I am working on a huge desktop screen and there is plenty of real-estate in each day for a note to be shown. 

I also vote for at least a "show private note" toggle.

Stephen384
Level 2
Calgary, Canada

Hello @Kartik23, I discovered that on the iPad and iPhone apps, there is an option to show your notes.

Screenshot 2023-07-21 at 9.32.30 PM.png

Yaaayyy!  I was excited to check this out. Good catch!. Unfortunately the display is so small you can't really see much of the note. Have you figured out a way to see the whole note on phone/tablet?

Thanks

Thank you, at least it's better than nothing!  I'd echo @Joan2709 , this is small and information is becoming crowed. 

For my regular bookings, I rely on the regular browser. Hopefully, the option to show the note will be back soon.

Mike-And-Jane0
Top Contributor
England, United Kingdom

@Kartik23 on our browser the private notes show up when I hover the mouse over a night in the calendar. `does that help?

That would be lovely @Mike-And-Jane0 

However, not working for me, already tried removing the browser cache. Is there any setting I need to change?

Can you please add a picture? 

Mike-And-Jane0
Top Contributor
England, United Kingdom

@Kartik23 My IT skills do not allow me to add a picture -sorry.

Anyway I have checked again and it only works on the multi-calendar not each listings monthly calendar. Do you have pro tools on which gives you this calendar?

@Kartik23 

Here is a screen shot of what @Mike-And-Jane0 reference when on the desktop hovering over the date with a note dot in multicalendar view.  Sadly, hovering over a date with a note dot in the regular calendar doesn't show the pop-up 😠. Bring back the at-a-glance notes view for the desktop on the regular calendar please!

Joan2709_0-1692742060643.png

Thank you. I'm aware of this alternative, however, the request is to have the feature back.  Let's see. 

@Stephen384 Can you still be able to see the notes in the phone or Ipad?? I can't and I'm completely lost without the "notes"