Calendar note missing from the calendar view

Kartik23
Level 3
Sammamish, WA

Calendar note missing from the calendar view

The calendar has now a dark theme and additional information. Which is good, however, now I cannot see my personal calendar notes against the booking!

64 Replies 64

@Harold134 I just checked, and they've taken away the ability to see the notes on the iPad app. 

Hi @Harold134 , @Stephen384 

Well this keeps changing on a regular basis...I can't keep up! 🤔

@Stephen384 points out that they have changed the options for viewing on iPhone/iPad. List view allows you to scroll and see all the notes. The other options you have to perform several taps to see the note. I wish they would add something to the desktop view to make it easier to view the regular calendar at-a-glance (as in the past). Right now we have to click each date that has a dot to see notes. Here are some screen shots for the iPhone/iPad options:

List View - A Black Dot on Date Indicates Note

(tap the calendar icon at top to see choices for viewing)

List View 2List View 2 

Calendar.png

I’m inThe same boat. Why would anyone at Airbnb think removing notes is helpful????

I've revisited this and found that the notes option is no longer available on the month view on the iPad app. However, they are visible in the list view! Not great, but it's something.

The web version does not have the list view at this time.

This option looks to have been taken away.  And I can't even see a note or add a note using the iphone app.

Pandora15
Level 2
Oxford, United Kingdom

very bad move, removing the notes.  I agree with everyone here... I cannot imagine that it actually benefits anyone anywhere.  All the points raised are important; putting in big events; prep dates, other platform bookings etc plus ability to screenshot and share a month view.  This is a bad bad change.  Time to leave airbnb??

I absolutely HATE what they have done to the desktop calendar. It's unusable.

I make notes across multiple dates and now I have to click on each friggen dot to see what the notes are. I used to see the notes across the days in the month view. And whats with the day selection?? Have to keep unselecting the day so I can move to the next day to read the note. I HATE IT!

Who comes up with these ideas. No notice, no consultation.

The new calendar is horrible. I can't seriously understand how the developers thought that this was going to be an upgrade. I need to see the notes without having to click on the dot!!! Ugh.. so annoying. And I can't even add notes from my phone???!!!??? It's unusable.

Hermien8
Level 3
Stellenbosch, South Africa

Why is no one doing anything about this issue? We are all asking to bring the old calendar back with the options of showing your notes in a months view and taking out the daily price. Please do something about it. It is essential in running our listings in the most efficient way possible. 
PLEASE!

Hi Hermien, have you had a reply from anyone in Airbnb about this? 

If not, has it been escalated?
I agree with you, its really frustrating not being able to write notes on my calendar anymore .
I don’t have a computer. Everything is on my mobile phone, and removing notes has made my bookings so much more work having to go into another calendar on my phone to put a note in about a guest booking. I’m able to see and edit the notes I made before this function was removed, so I can’t understand why this valuable function hasn’t been reinstated? 

Hi @Kartik23 , @Virginia301 , @Merridee0 , @Hermien8 , @Janette-and-Herb0@Bhumika , @Paula , @Breanna , @Mike-And-Jane0 

Calendar Notes Still Visible on Reservation Details

Since the 2023 Summer Release, Calendar Notes are no longer visible/accessible after a date has past on the actual calendar. However, I discovered (by accident) if there was an Airbnb reservation that had a note applied, the notes are still visible on the reservation details as its retained with the reservation information. Scroll to the bottom of reservation details/Calendar Note.  If there is a reservation from another synced booking site with a note, it doesn't appear, since it is not attached to an Airbnb reservation.  

Calendar Note on Reservation.png

This doesn't help those who need the at-a-glance view for notes, but can help if we need to go back and find a specific note on a date that has passed. Might help some Hosts who need to go back and review previous notes that they can't view on the calendar any more.

Yes, I have discovered that @Joan2709! Do you know if the Airbnb Team are going to reinstate this incredibly valuable feature? Since they removed it I’m having to write my notes in my Google calendar and toggle between the two…it’s so time consuming and frustrating 😔

@Merridee0 

I agree it is a much needed feature for Hosts and not sure why it was removed? To date, I have not seen any information about if Airbnb will be adding this feature back to the calendar. 

Thanks for your reply @Joan2709. It’s disappointing to say the least. 

Breanna
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
Pontefract, United Kingdom

Hi @Joan2709 

Thanks for tagging. I've passed the feedback along to the team and always appreciate you all sharing this with us and explaining so well!

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines