Calendar note missing from the calendar view

Kartik23
Level 3
Sammamish, WA

Calendar note missing from the calendar view

The calendar has now a dark theme and additional information. Which is good, however, now I cannot see my personal calendar notes against the booking!

64 Replies 64
Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Thank you @Joan2709 for the feedback!!! 

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

Glad you at least found a work-around to see a note on a reservation, I am unable to get that to work for me.

For example, I went to one of my past reservations which was over Good Friday and Easter - which I made notes of and a few other details - and if I get the notes box to show in the side panel, it just says "This date range has multiple notes" but I can't see any of them! Crazy.

Hi @Kimberly879 

Notes on a reservation are still viewable after the guest stay on the actual reservation list details; they are not accessible on the calendar after the date has past unfortunately.  

Go to main page/Menu/Reservations

Joan2709_0-1712682753707.png

On the Reservations Page, Right side click details. Scroll to the bottom and you will see your notes displayed even after the dates have past. This only works if the note is attached to a reservation.

Joan2709_1-1712682867661.png

Thank you! Unfortunately that still doesn't work for me. I checked using your instructions for a reservation this coming July, and this is what it shows. I am not sure what my notes were as I can't remember:

Kimberly879_0-1712891455199.png

I’ve been having the same issue for a long time and the only way I’ve been able to make it workable for me is to run another calendar and make my notes on that. It’s intensely annoying and extremely time consuming to have to toggle between two calendars.  I’m frustrated that the Airbnb Team haven’t taken notice of this obviously common problem. 

I completely agree!

Angi646
Level 3
Wokingham, United Kingdom

Hi Bhumika,

Is there an update on this issue? I am finding the current process unworkable in managing my cleaning and guests' requirements.

I need to be able to see all notes at a glance without the need of clicking on each date individually.

Many thanks

Angi

Hermien8
Level 3
Stellenbosch, South Africa

What is the progress on the feedback you have given your team?

Absolutely insane that they took a seriously helpful feature away!! Please please please put the option of seeing your notes back!! PLEASE !!

This is terrible. I can see the reason for reducing the clutter on a mobile device, but for those of us who manage listings on a desktop computer, this is a disaster. 

There is no reason not to show the notes when view on a desktop browser. 

Greetings, what has changed in calendar?  Before my notes would ALWAYS show up on my Calendar and now I just have a black dot that I THEN have to click on and THEN AGAIN when it leads to "private notes" click on that and FINALLY it will show the note HOWEVER it has to be done on every single calendar day (date) requiring you to go through this process for every day for example if I block 2 weeks and want to make sure the black dot represents my note then I have to open with this process 14 times in a row!

AGREE - the so called "upgraded" Calendar is totally unworkable and major step backwards! 😣  Bring back the original Calendar.

Hello, 

I am not able to go back and review my notes in my calendar past dates. This is a huge problem as we need the information for lots of reasons. 

I need to review theses days and the notes but can not access we stay in the summer so block off... and need to see who in our family went which week. 

Betsy244_0-1695924333766.png

Is this going to  be resolved so that we can go back and look at our blocked off dates....

I have the black dots and I know there’s notes on them but the only thing I get is “this date range has multiple notes” when I’m only clicking on one of the dates. I don’t know what these notes are but I do know that they are important that’s why I’m trying to access them. 

Hi @Virginia301 

Notes no longer appear on the calendar itself. Click on a date with a black dot (dot indicates there is a note). Then on the right panel you will see this (you may also see the word "various" if there are multiple notes or multiple dates selected.

Notes Right Panel.png

Click the arrow and you will then actually see the note.  Alot more work than the previous functionality for notes. Also, be aware that once a date has past, you will no longer be able to see the notes.

i'm having the same issue as @Virginia301 .
When i click on a date with a black dot, in the panel on the right, under "calendar note" in the dialogue box is “this date range has multiple notes”, but there is nothing to click on to access notes as your screen shot suggests.