Can't verify phone number

Answered!

Can't verify phone number

I try to verify my phone number, I get the text message with the code but when i put the 4 digit code it says that the code is invalid, although it is the right one. Please help

1 Best Answer

It actually got to me after some time that I was using airbnb a while back but I had logged in than with my facebook account which was connected to a different email than the one I used to log in now. Basically it appeared as a duplicate account :), but I managed to solve it, its all good now 😄

View Best Answer in original post

6 Replies 6

Hi @Bojana44 

If you have more than one profile with your phone number, or have 2 phone numbers on your account, the system won't let you login with your phone number.

Trying logging in with your email address instead (there are other methods as well, such as logging in with Google, facebook, or Apple). 

Login Page.png

Let us know if this works for you!

It is not about logging in, I am already logged in by email, the problem occurs when I try to verify the phone number. 

@Bojana44 ahaah! so you actually can log in! I thought you weren't able to log in at all 😊. Thanks for clarifying.

Since you are able to login with your email, I'm assuming you have verified the phone number entered on the account is correct. If the phone number is correct on your account (and two numbers are not listed), then the only time I believe this occurs is if you have an old guest profile with your number on it that you have forgotten about, or the number is being used on another guest profile (spouse?). 

You would have to delete the phone number on the other profile, or change it, in order to use the number on the profile you are currently trying to verify.

If that is not the case, you will have to contact Customer Support to address the problem.

It actually got to me after some time that I was using airbnb a while back but I had logged in than with my facebook account which was connected to a different email than the one I used to log in now. Basically it appeared as a duplicate account :), but I managed to solve it, its all good now 😄

Sangeeta8
Level 9
New Delhi, India

Call the helpline advise you? Email them as well. Seems you have given two phone numbers at the time of verification??

No two numbers, this is my first time trying to book a stay and they are asking to verify my phone number in order to confirm my booking and to authorize the payment, and that's when they do not accept the 4digit code they already send me by text message.