Can we Bold (to highlight) the description of the listing, is yes.. then how?

Namrata16
Level 1
Gurugram, India

4 Replies 4
Karen4131
Top Contributor
Malmö, Sweden

Hi @Namrata16 

Based on recent updates, Airbnb doesn’t support bold or other text formatting (like italics or underlining) in the listing descriptions. The editor currently only allows plain text. Alternatives, like using ALL CAPS or bullet points, can help emphasize key points.

I’ve tried to create some variation by using different symbols. It adds a bit of clarity and variety.

❤️

Karen4131_0-1725885704363.png

I’ve also heard about unofficial methods where people copy bold text from external editors like Google Docs or Microsoft Word and then paste it into Airbnb’s messaging or other sections. While this might work for guest messages, it doesn’t seem reliable for listing descriptions, as the formatting usually reverts back to plain text.

But let’s see if anyone has some good workarounds. I’m also interested in trying new methods! 🙂

Best regards, Karen

Excellent idea. I found some listing on AirBnb that DO use bold in their descriptions. I contacted the host to see if he can tell me how he achieved that. So definitely there is a workaround but we havent fount it yet.

Thank you ... we will keep exploring

Nestor

Hi @Nestor153 , good to know. I have really tried testing all the methods I’ve read about without success. So, I think both @Namrata16  and I will be very interested when you get a response from the hosts you have contacted 🙂

- Karen

Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Hi @Namrata16, I hope you're doing well.

@Karen4131 has shared some creative tips to help highlight text in your description. What do you think of them? Are you planning to implement any?

Best regards,

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Por favor consulta las Normas de la comunidad