Announcements

Winter Release Q&A with Airbnb’s Christy Schrader

Winter Release Q&A session

Change phone number

Sarah-And-Simon1
Level 2
Auckland, New Zealand

Change phone number

For some unknown reason our old phone number which we can no longer use is now on our airbnb site. We want to add a new number and delete the old one but in order to do that airbnb want to send a verification code to our old number. Airbnb are telling us they can't override their verification process but that seems hard to believe. Has anyone else come across this issue? Thanks

4 Replies 4
Joelle43
Top Contributor
Cannes, France

Hello Sarah and Simon,

You are not the only ones experiencing this problem it would seem as there has been some discussion about this already on the CC so here is the link with the solution to the problem hopefully.  It seems important to make the change on a computer rather than on the phone app though:

https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/Community-Cafe/Change-phone-number/td-p/511434

Happy New Year!

Joëlle

Thanks Joelle. Unfortunately we can't add or change our number on any devise without the system wanting to verify who we are by sending a text to the old number which is no longer in use. 

And you can't log in via your email address and get the verification sent that way?

I've had a look on my account and in host mode, under my profile picture I went into account and then clicked on Login and Security.  Then 2 step authorisation and then edit.  It says that if I can't have the 4 digit code sent to a phone number I can have it sent to an email address.  Worth a shot maybe? 

Good luck

Joëlle

Thanks very much Joelle. I appreciate your help. I will try that.I hope it works! Thanks again,  Sarah