Changes we have asked for have been granted!

Answered!
Sandra126
Level 10
Daylesford, Australia

Changes we have asked for have been granted!

I just noticed to my great excitement that the line ''Extra People: No charge'' is gone! No more!

Not that it worried me, since I have a extra guest charge but it was a constant source of hassle here on the forum with guests bringing extra guests into a 2 bed place because it said this. Thank you Airbnb, we are happy that you listened.

@Lizzie, In the newsletter (I say it again) it would be great to have the changes listed, for good and bad. Otherwise we just find out by accident. I think @Clare0 had this as a Host Voice suggestion some time back, could have been someone else.

1 Best Answer

@Sandra126 I don't know... look at my studio apartment , it is under "Prices".

If you can accomodate max 2 people, and minimum price is set for 2 people then it appears: Extra people - no charge.

If you can accomodate max 4 people and min. price is for 2 then it will be:  Extra people - 10€ / night after 2 guest 

View Best Answer in original post

9 Replies 9
Lilian20
Level 10
Argelès-sur-Mer, France

@Sandra126 Never seen the line ''Extra People: No charge'' - where was that again ? 

If you didn't set an "additional guest" charge previously, it would display ''Extra People: No charge''. In effect voiding your maximum capicity setting - implying that 7 people might be able to stay in one queen bed, for no additional charge, even if your maximum capaicty was 2 people!

Mariann4
Level 10
Bergen, Norway

Sorry @Sandra126.... I still see it...

I still see it too

@Branka-and-Silvia0, @Mariann4, Oh no! And there I was getting excited about nothing. A glitch, a bug, or a test? I felt it was such a simple solution and one we have been asking for...

@Sandra126 I don't know... look at my studio apartment , it is under "Prices".

If you can accomodate max 2 people, and minimum price is set for 2 people then it appears: Extra people - no charge.

If you can accomodate max 4 people and min. price is for 2 then it will be:  Extra people - 10€ / night after 2 guest 

Yup, you have it. Extra people: No charge. Dammit. But this is what I have been finding in other listings, which has that line removed!

screenshot5.jpg

When I see your picture, @Sandra126, I actually remember seing it once. That the line was gone. But it was only once...

I remember thinking "how did that happen". But then forgot about it since it was not relevant to my own listing.

Keep looking for news though! Hopefully we wont disappoint you on the next one 😉

Mariann 🙂

@Sandra126  well, I checked  it again just now on my listing and it disappeared 🙂