Complaint about inaccurate rental representation through photos

Complaint about inaccurate rental representation through photos

I booked a room for 2 nights in Naples and when they sent me the address of the apartment and the street, I googl.. it and it scared me. I'm going to travel alone and I was going to arrive on midnight. Even if they paid me, I was not going to go to that place.
I canceled immediately and they discounted me 30% of what I paid.

These two people offer another room in Napoli where they do put photos of the entrance to the building and the street. That means they avoid showing guests where they are going to live (from the place that I booked).

I consider this dishonest and I will not stop complaining until I get the 100%  refund.

4 Replies 4
Mike-And-Jane0
Top Contributor
England, United Kingdom

@Vio1710 a general areas shown before booking and you can ask as many questions as you want prior to booking. If you are concerned about the safety of a place you really need to take more care before booking.

I don't share your opinion. Many people assume that Airbnb listings meet the minimum safety, comfort, and cleanliness requirements to receive guests.

I don't use the service very often (I don't like to sleep in other's people house, only a few exceptions) but I believed that it is the company that took certain measures before authorizing hosts.

Some hosts go out of their way to avoid telling the truth about certain things and you only get the address when you pay. 

Now I am doing my homework and I found pictures of the street where the room is located. The whole street is scary.

Mike-And-Jane0
Top Contributor
England, United Kingdom

@Vio1710 Hosts are not allowed to give the address before people book. Also I dont really understand how an inanimate object such as a street can be scary.

Are you joking?

I understand why most people use booking com now. What a service! Everything published on Airbnb for Napoli is sinister. 

What a customer service! 

First, what do you mean with an inanimate object? (I am a psychologist)

Don't you know that there are streets that are unsafe or simply horrible or depressive? Why don't you go up and walk along the Giudecca Vecchia? Don't you know that there are neighborhoods that are unsafe, or cities or countries?

Everything published on Airbnb for Napoli is sinister. NEVER AGAIN.

**[Some content removed in line with the Community Center Guidelines]