Could you give me feedback on my listing?

Screenshot 2024-09-23 at 1.06.56 PM.png

Listing link: Home in San Antonio · ★New · 3 bedrooms · 3 beds · 3 baths

[Content modified by OCM]

8 Replies 8
Jim-and-Caroline0
Level 4
Ekerö, Sweden

Hello @Kamal-Jayantilal0

Just had a look at your listing. Congratulations on a fine house with great amenities & seems to be a fair price.

Perhaps have a minimum of two nights instead of three over the weekends.

Good for you to also have a co host 👌🏼.

Wishing you all the success / Jim & Caroline 

Jasmine-and-Javier0
Level 1
Toronto, Canada

Congrats @Kamal-Jayantilal0 ! After just a quick initial glance, perhaps more exterior photos. Like more photos of the driveway, street view, front porch and backyard for example. Kudos on your photos having all the same format and sizing, etc! As well as the exterior photo being the first photo. 

I would also maybe work on the title of listing, sell it a little more, because along with the first picture that is what gets a potential guest to click on your listing.  

Good luck and awesome job!

Also for your cleaners (and guests). A lint roller, dark colored hand towels for makeup, and a magic eraser for scuffs on the wall are your best friends! 

* Scuffs on the wall are a fast way for your rental to look beat up. They are a quick and easy way to keep your rental looking new and fresh. 

James3879
Level 2
Reno, NV

Hi, I have a few suggestions and recommendations.  I’m wondering if you researched pricing before you determined your rate.  You have the best tool available.  If you search AirBnB for your area for a variety of dates, some weekend, some week and a combination of dates you will see on the first page what your best competition is pricing.  When I searched dates for your place and then did search of your area with the same dates it appears your prices are a little high to be competitive.  Something to consider.  Your minimum stays will also impact how often your listing shows up.  The more restrictions you have the less it appears in search results.  That’s just another consideration.  These are things you should be doing before you decide to Airbnb a property.  Next your pictures while not bad just don’t jump off the page and get my attention.  If you search your area you will see properties on the first page.  That little photo you have as your cover photo has got to stand out and attract guests to scroll through your listing.  There are hundreds of listings and most people scroll through and look at the photo and the price.  Why choose boring if I can stay at a more interesting place for the same price.  Your unit has very neutral colors and just don’t jump out at me.  Having pops of color in your photo attract attention.  Scan your completion and see which ones stand out and attract your attention.  What will attract a guest to look at your listing?  Next your title is critically important.  That is valuable marketing space.  Your title should provide good information.  If you look below your title it already says how many beds and bathrooms you have.  Highlight important info like you have at the end of your title.  King Suite, WiFi, parking and only 10 minutes from downtown.  I don’t know how far you are from downtown but give good information.  If they are looking from a computer your next 4 photos are very important.  Many people arrange their photos like a real estate agent walking through the property.  Don’t do this until after the 5th photo.  You probably have 15 seconds to capture the guests attention.  If your cover photo and next 4 are of the house and living room it won’t be as effective as 4 other shots that highlight great features of your home.  Another thing is when you set up your room you need to decorate for the pictures you will take.  What will make an interesting picture.  Now that it is set up, go through your photos.  Can you take better ones.  Maybe a colorful picture in a wall will make the picture pop.  These are the small things that make a difference from a good listing and a great listing.  Hope this helps and good luck!

Janine469
Level 1
Young, AZ

Hi there!

The listing looks great. Lots of information helps. My rental is a tipi, a bit different! One thing my guests love right now as we’re heading into fall/winter are the heated mattress covers!! Had a family from France here last weekend and they ordered one to arrive when they get home 👍 I recommend Serta dual control brand. Sleep is the world’s cheapest luxury my Mom used to say, she’s right! Good Luck, hosting is self rewarding!

Humberto213
Level 1
South Miami, FL

Hello there, you are already doing the right thing asking the opinions of hosts  who’ve been at it for awhile, their are suggestions below are on point

By the way, your home is so beautiful and the remodeling was excellent, “ I am sold”

I would recommend to explore other short-term rentals near you, how they describe their property,  what seems to be  important amenities, are you prices competitive etc. I see in your amenities that you have Internet and office, but I wasn’t sure if you have a dedicated workplace many guest mix vacations with work. I would also recommend information about the surroundings, what to do while visiting,, what are the top favorite places such as restaurants parks museums and so on  If the guest has a great experience, they will  come back and will share your Info with family and friends.

Lastly  I really focus on making sure everything is super clean and well equipped with the essentials, coffee soap, shampoo, air dryer, detergent etc., not excessive, but enough to use during their stay.

If you are attentive, understanding, fair, flexible and kind  with the needs of your guests  your reviews will do the rest for your success 

By the way, this is the first time I’ve been asked to give out an opinion on somebody else’s property. I’m glad it was yours. Regards, Bert.

Hrishikesh4
Level 1
Chelmsford, MA

@Kamal-Jayantilal0 Your listing looks great overall, please research the prices in your neighborhood and adjust them per season

Good luck!

Hrishi

Sure! Your listing looks appealing, especially with the clear details on bedrooms and baths. Adding some high-quality photos and highlighting nearby attractions could enhance it further. Have you considered any unique features to attract potential renters?