Critique my Listing & House Rules - Ankit in Manali, India.

Ankit120
Level 2
Manali, India

Critique my Listing & House Rules - Ankit in Manali, India.

Screenshot 2024-09-16 at 11.18.11 AM.png

Hello there, I'm curious to know the expert's opinion about the "House Rules" on my listing., and also an overall opinion on what areas I can focus and improve on to stand out consistently.  

LINK to the LISTING: Boutique hotel in Manali · ★4.99 · 1 bedroom · 1 bed · 1 private bathroom

AIRBNB PROFILE: https://www.airbnb.co.in/users/show/404182738

Thank you and kind regards.

[Content modified by OCM]

5 Replies 5
Ema3296
Level 3
Sarajevo, Bosnia and Herzegovina

Dear Ankit,

You’re doing an excellent job. Well done.

I’ve reviewed your house rules and everything seems great and very fair. Perhaps the check-in period could be extended, but that depends on your availability as a host and the resources of the property/staff.

Good luck and wish you even more bookings. 

Best regards from Bosnia,

Ema

Julian1893
Level 1
Knayton, United Kingdom

Hello @Ankit120  from England. I am not an expert what so ever, but it looks a fabulous place. Confusing if you are offering one room or Al the rooms, as photos show one while description offers different rooms. The only thing that I would personally do differently is arrange your photographs better. As far as I can tell you have lots of photographs of the room from a slightly different angle straight after each other. If I was looking at that, I would look at three or four photographs and then skip to something else. Perhaps have a photograph of your room first, then an outside picture, then a picture of the view, et cetera. Also, just a small niggly point, the bed looks out of shape because you have edited the photograph to make the room look bigger which I personally would notice. Very good luck with your business  

Karen3957
Level 1
Kamas, UT

@Ankit120 I thought your site looked clear and gave me the information I would be looking for such as size of balcony, view out window. I would find larger wall decorations above the bed and on side walls. Probably move the ones you have to smaller space walls in room and get a cultural rug or local artist work that covers more space on the larger walls. I like how you were clear about transportation and renting a scooter. I will assume you have a reminder list in room of things that need to be done at check out such as lock balcony door. I noticed ashtrays listed in a rule so there must be smoking allowed somewhere on property. It would be good to know where on property smoking is allowed. What happens if guests are out later than 11pm - are they locked out of hotel? It might be helpful to give some information about the restaurant in hotel such as any ratings or recent reviews of food. 

Julie5688
Level 1
Brecon, United Kingdom

Hi Ankit. You have a beautiful place that is well thought out and beautifully decorated. Your house rules are very clear and your description incorporates a lot of information that is clearly explained. Great that you have clearly highlighted the steps to the property and no elevator. Looking at the photos it is just a little confusing having so many pictures of the same room. It may be perceived as different rooms. One thing you could consider (I saw a rug at the end of the bed) is to put a small rug on each side of the bed; people like something soft on their feet when they first step out of bed. Your kitchen opening times are good, the only thing here I would change or request if I stayed (and it is dependant on staffing) is to open the kitchen earlier than 8:30 am. for early risers that may want to be off exploring before 8:30 am.  Your garden area is a delight and I could just imagine myself indulging in the tranquility it has to offer. Your guidebook is very informative with a good variety of places to eat and visit. All in all a fantastic place. 

Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Hello @Ankit120 👋

There are some great suggestions from our hosts here.

Please let us know when you have a chance to review them and if you plan to implement any of their ideas.

Regards,

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Por favor consulta las Normas de la comunidad