Critique my listing, Akash, Aluva,India

Akash237
Level 1
Aluva, India

Critique my listing, Akash, Aluva,India

Hello Community,I am a new host and would like someone to review my listing and give me feedback on improving .

We got one booking recently with a week time .

There are no  enquiries after that.

https://www.airbnb.ca/rooms/1223884670875163196?source_impression_id=p3_1724868143_P3JPdufbJNWOoDzi 

Bhumika_0-1724868175950.png

[Title & Content updated by Community Manager]

6 Replies 6
Sariya0
Level 5
Mumbai, India

Good luck hosting @Akash237 

Good aesthetics. Crisp content and info.

What is your sleeping arrangement?

Pics say a queen bed and sofa bed in bedroom and living room both, that’s 4 beds in all.

On the other hand your listing description says 3 beds.

If I’ve understood correctly you have one queen bed in the bedroom and a sofa bed in living room, that’s 2 beds, totally sleeping 3 persons in all. 

Clarify on your listing, which of the above is correct.

Enjoy your hosting journey. Wish you the very best! 

@Akash237 Need more pictures on the walls in most every room'. need fire alarm and smoke detector. have a wonderful blessed day 

@Akash237 The lighting and angles of the pictures are not great. I suggest taking pictures on a brighter day with more light coming in or bringing additional light into the rooms to take your pictures. I would also recommend removing images of people/occupants in the flat. Additionally, consider adding some extra decor on the dining table and bedside table. Guests prefer white linens as dark sheets can hide stains, with white or light bedding showing cleanliness and giving them comfort. I would also make the bed more inviting with some additional pillows and bedding.   Best of Luck!

Sharmistha3
Level 2
Seattle, WA

Hi @Akash237 ,

I looked at the listing and here are some things I would recommend. Please note that I do Airbnb in US. So take it with the grain of salt.

- professional photography 

- wouldn't include humans in the pictures

- make the description less wordy and more with bullet points

Best of luck 

Hello from BC, Canada...my name is Ingrid

I'll first help you a little with the listing editorial/description, it may read a little better like this:

About this space:

The Best & Safest Stay Just 16 Minutes from Kochi Airport!

Welcome to Bodhivriksh Retreat, your ideal staycation spot. Unwind in our Instagram-worthy 1BHK flat, featuring calming decor, a cozy living area, a serene bedroom, a well-equipped kitchen, a modern bathroom, and a balcony with a stunning city view.

Conveniently located just off the highway, everything you need is within walking distance—enjoy the scenic Periyar River, explore local eateries, visit markets, shrines, hospitals, and dentists, all just a short stroll away.

Perfect for solo travelers, small families, and couples seeking both comfort and convenience.

The space:

Tucked away in the vibrant area of Aluva, our 1BHK flat offers the perfect blend of comfort and accessibility. Situated just 16 minutes from the airport, and with the Aluva metro, railway station, and bus stops nearby, exploring the city couldn't be easier.

Within walking distance, you'll find a variety of local eateries, markets, hospitals, and dentists. The serene Periyar River, along with several temples and churches, are just a short walk away, providing a peaceful escape from the hustle and bustle.

Inside, the flat features a cozy living area with a sofa and TV, perfect for relaxing after a day of exploration. The dining area, adjacent to a charming balcony, is next to a well-equipped kitchen with a gas stove, refrigerator, water purifier, and basic cooking utensils. We also provide complimentary tea and sugar. The air-conditioned bedroom includes a comfortable queen-size bed and a spacious cupboard for your belongings. The bathroom is clean and well-maintained, stocked with towels, hand wash, body wash, and a hot water facility to ensure a comfortable stay.

Guest access:

Guests have full access to the entire flat, including parking, the gym area, and the lift.

Other things to note:

Feel free to use the kitchen to make tea or cook basic meals—pans, utensils, plates, glasses, and other essentials are provided.

If you need a taxi or cab service early in the morning or late at night, we’ll be happy to assist with the booking.

My personal thoughts on the Pictures:

When taking pictures of the bed, make absolutely sure there are no wrinkles in the sheets/bedspread and iron/press the pillow cases, 2 extra ironed pillows are always a bonus for guests.

I love your space and your couch/sofa is really nice but could use a couple of nice throw pillows maybe with a little color?  It is preferable to not have people in pictures, you want your guests to see themselves in your space. I hope this helps,

Good Luck!
Ingrid
Bench170
Sechelt Canada

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hi @Akash237 , you've received wonderful insights from Hosts @Ingrid951 @Sharmistha3 @Shanna92 @Scott2093 @Sariya0 🎉 Do you have any follow up questions, that you'd like to ask these experienced hosts? 

Keep us posted on how you proceed to implement this feedback for your listing😍 All the best!

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines