Critique my listing - Andrea and Valentina - Venice, Italy

Answered!
Andrea6232
Level 10
Bergamo, Italy

Critique my listing - Andrea and Valentina - Venice, Italy

canale-jacuzzi.jpg

My wife and I are in love with Venice, for us the most beautiful city in the world. We live in Bergamo but our dream has always been to have a house in Venice and finally we were able to make it happen! It was not easy, because houses in Venice are really expensive, and it required a considerable financial commitment. In order to get some of the costs back, we decided to rent it when we don't go there.

We started renting our house last November, until April we had many bookings, the majority of our guests come from the USA, unfortunately after the recent Summer Release, bookings have suffered a sharp drop, what can we do to improve our listing ? Thanks a lot for your help

Link: https://airbnb.com/h/la-casa-sul-canale-con-piscina-jacuzzi-in-giardino

Andrea and Valentina

1 Best Answer
Angela1056
Level 10
Linarolo, Italy

@Andrea6232 , cosa dire? Meglio di così….! Molto interessante anche la documentazione fotografica della consegna della Jacuzzi 😅 !

Forse per evitare incomprensioni con gli ospiti potresti inserire nelle Regole della casa che saranno verificati i documenti degli ospiti al check-in e che dovranno firmare un contratto. 

View Best Answer in original post

14 Replies 14
Nur785
Level 10
Jersey City, NJ

@Andrea6232 

What a gorgeous house and great location! I sincerely would love to stay there next time. Absolutely beautiful. I think you do a great job of telling a story with your photos.

Unfortunately, I don't really have a critique for you other than to ask did you do a price comparison of accommodations in your area? While your house is beyond comparison in its history and location, it might be priced a little on the higher end for only 2 people. 

Also, travel has slowed down this summer compared to last. I would say to keep your listing up in the searches make sure you tweak something everyday a little and make use the custom promotion option for a couple of days that would bring it up in searches. 

Good luck! 

Thanks Nur785! You are right, maybe it priced a little on the higher end but, believe me, probably our house is the only one in Venice with a Jacuzzi pool in the garden!

That is why we raised prices after the installation on the mini pool (which by the way was a real challenge!).

Yes we have already setted last week 3 custom promotions with 20% discount but until now we don't see any increase in views 🤔 

Angela1056
Level 10
Linarolo, Italy

@Andrea6232 , cosa dire? Meglio di così….! Molto interessante anche la documentazione fotografica della consegna della Jacuzzi 😅 !

Forse per evitare incomprensioni con gli ospiti potresti inserire nelle Regole della casa che saranno verificati i documenti degli ospiti al check-in e che dovranno firmare un contratto. 

@Angela1056 thanks for your suggestions! Did you also notice a drop in views after the recent Summer Release? (sorry if I answer you in English, but  I do it for our English speaking friends that host this thread 😀)

@Andrea6232 I don’t know why my answer appeared on the English C.C. as I answered you in Italian on the Italian CC where you posted the same thread in Italian. So there is some confusion…

Anyway I also noticed a drop of views after the Summer Release 2022 and the May Release 2023 made it even worse…

@Angela1056 don't worry, I also noted some strange things happening on Airbnb sites 😉 anyway may I ask what did you do to address this issue?

@Andrea6232 I don’t care! My listing is seasonal (from mid April to mid October) and generally I’m fully booked as early as February each year. This year I had 3 cancellations (never happened before unless during the Covid time). But my listing sleeps up to 12 guests and as I manage it by myself and I’m past 80 so I’m happy to receive 10 -12 reservations per year to keep my Superhost status. 
And I didn’t drop my prices!

Well what can I say, congrats Angela for still being so active and on track! 👏

Thank you @Andrea6232 😊!

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hi @Andrea6232 @Angela1056 , On a side note, I was just having a look at this confusion about the comments. I have took a note of it and will look further to dig in. 

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

... and my best compliments for your beautiful villa in Arona, I was pleased to see the photos where your great love for your home shines throught 😍

Thanks again @Andrea6232 😊

Anna9170
Level 10
Lloret de Mar, Spain

Venice is my love, and you have a very beautiful accommodation in an ideal location! 😍
I am confused by the too rude emphasis on the Jacuzzi in your accommodation, they do not go to Venice for this) although of course, this is a wonderful additional bonus, but there is too much of it here. 

Thank you @Anna9170, got it! The emphasis was due to the uniqueness of the bonus, especially in Italy and in Venice, but I understand your point 😀