Critique my listing - Kristina from Hilton Head Island, SC

Kristina607
Level 2
Sellersburg, IN

Critique my listing - Kristina from Hilton Head Island, SC

Hi, we are new hosts and are trying to get our first bookings and reviews on our family vacation condo.

We currently have no reviews, and have heard that no reviews is a big issue.  

Our condo is on an island which is a destination for golf, beaches and family trips.  We are within 5 minute walk to the main shopping/dining area of the island. 

Our place is a 3BR so it does seem to show up first or second page in search results for large groups. 

We want to make the place feel like a beach family retreat close to shopping, which is why we love it for ourselves and want to share this with our guests. 

Next 90 days search impressions (15k), views (1700). conversions .4%.  (I’m not sure how to use insights so these may not be stated correctly)

We are looking for input on the Title, Description, and photos.  

https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/914690799463261191

thank you !

9 Replies 9
Fred13
Level 10
Placencia, Belize

Hey @Kristina607  Nice place and great location. A couple of light-weight points come to mind.

1. Perhaps the outdoor picture of the condo should be first so people could place everything else in perspective.

2. The two pictures of the parking space (#110) are there to convey which place is assigned to your particular condo; perhaps just telling them is #110 will suffice. They are not the most attractive photos. 🙂

P.S. Do they use golf cars in Hilton Head Island, outside just in the golf course?

@Fred13 Yes! Golf carts are allowed but there are some rules limiting them to roads and no usage in beach areas. As a result they are not very popular. 

thank you for the suggestions on the pictures! 

Ok @Kristina607  take this as is meant (humor), but when I first saw the picture of the parking space, I thought it was where someone is buried and looked for a gravestone. Finally seeing the #110 gave it away. 😁

Dawn241
Level 10
Sierra Vista, AZ

It looks great. Might I suggest a new listing promotional discount just to get the ball rolling with guests and reviews. 

after 6 years of hosting I will say this is not a once and done deal. I’m constantly updating rules, amenities, pictures, and description. 

as you have more bookings and more reviews you will figure out what needs tweaking. 

@Dawn241 We have been dropping our daily rates as the last minute dates get closer but have not considered a special discount ….

For those who have experience - is it recommended to do a discount incentive % vs drop rates?   Or both?

thank you for the suggestion

@Kristina607 Yes a promotion will get you more visibility

As custom promotions are only available after 3 bookings - We added a 10% reduction off our rates (PriceLabs) for stays 2+ days.

Hoping this drives our views and conversions rate up for our new property!

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hey @Kristina607 , Have you made any changes to your listing's pricing strategies or descriptions since the time you posted?

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

Yes. We sort of did. We did get a full calendar for July!

We are now set up to use seasonal pricing, and we use 2+ day length of stay discounts for when we want to show up as a good rate and get attention. 

We are tweaking the descriptions more or less weekly now.

Thanks for asking.