Critique my listing - Lucinda, Kokkino Chorio, Crete

Answered!

Critique my listing - Lucinda, Kokkino Chorio, Crete

Hello all, can you please critique my listing for me?

https://abnb.me/6N3w2Izltxb

1 Best Answer
Joelle43
Level 10
Cannes, France

Hello Lucinda,

What a gorgeous property!  There are lots of lovely photos of the outside but I feel that you are missing photos of the inside of the property.  You indicate two bathrooms and yet I can't see any pictures of them.  Same for the bedrooms - think there's only one showing?  Comment the photos and mention the size of the beds, level the bedroom is on etc.  Potential guests click on photos first and then will maybe read the description so put as much  info under your photos is my recommendation.  You mention 6 beds -you need to show those as you will be attracting families and they will want to know where everyone sleeps

You mention a  kitchen and bathrooms  -people really want to see photos of these.

Your cancellation policy is flexible which means that a guest can cancel just 24 hours before check-in.  How likely would it be for you to find another booking in that time frame?  I would definitely change this as this could leave you out of pocket too easily especially as I imagine most of your guests will be flying in so will plan their holidays well in advance.

You say that check-in is flexible but that check-out is at  12pm so I hope you have put a day in between bookings because otherwise you have every chance of someone arriving before the other guests have left!  

I think you need to elaborate a bit more on what the property has to offer in the first section of the listing.  How far is the property from the town by foot or do you need a car to get to the nearest town or supermarket etc?  

Take a look at the listings of the people who reply to you to see how their descriptions compare and look at the house rules too as I don't believe I saw one on your listing.  You have a pool so be specially careful about this - is there a pool alarm so that you cannot be held responsable incase of an accident?  Only plastic glasses around the pool.  No food to be consumed in the pool etc.  Always best to set the bouderies at the beginning.  Tell your guests what you expect of them.

Hope this helps and I wish you the very best

Joëlle

View Best Answer in original post

11 Replies 11
Sudsrung0
Level 10
Rawai, Thailand

@Lucinda92 

First thing I would say is you must add a profile photo guest like to see who they are dealing with, dont leave it blank,

Thank you. Not sure how I missed that. 

Joelle43
Level 10
Cannes, France

Hello Lucinda,

What a gorgeous property!  There are lots of lovely photos of the outside but I feel that you are missing photos of the inside of the property.  You indicate two bathrooms and yet I can't see any pictures of them.  Same for the bedrooms - think there's only one showing?  Comment the photos and mention the size of the beds, level the bedroom is on etc.  Potential guests click on photos first and then will maybe read the description so put as much  info under your photos is my recommendation.  You mention 6 beds -you need to show those as you will be attracting families and they will want to know where everyone sleeps

You mention a  kitchen and bathrooms  -people really want to see photos of these.

Your cancellation policy is flexible which means that a guest can cancel just 24 hours before check-in.  How likely would it be for you to find another booking in that time frame?  I would definitely change this as this could leave you out of pocket too easily especially as I imagine most of your guests will be flying in so will plan their holidays well in advance.

You say that check-in is flexible but that check-out is at  12pm so I hope you have put a day in between bookings because otherwise you have every chance of someone arriving before the other guests have left!  

I think you need to elaborate a bit more on what the property has to offer in the first section of the listing.  How far is the property from the town by foot or do you need a car to get to the nearest town or supermarket etc?  

Take a look at the listings of the people who reply to you to see how their descriptions compare and look at the house rules too as I don't believe I saw one on your listing.  You have a pool so be specially careful about this - is there a pool alarm so that you cannot be held responsable incase of an accident?  Only plastic glasses around the pool.  No food to be consumed in the pool etc.  Always best to set the bouderies at the beginning.  Tell your guests what you expect of them.

Hope this helps and I wish you the very best

Joëlle

Thanks Joelle. 

Being a newbie, I’ve tried to be as flexible with my bookings as possible to get people through the door - no house rules and guests being able to cancel 24hrs prior to arriving. I agree, I need to rethink my approach to this otherwise I will be out of pocket. 

Appreciate your feedback. 

@Lucinda92 

I also live on an island here in Thailand, We set our cancellation policy to strict from day one, We dont get last minute bookings or very few.

You have think how long a guest as had your calendar blocked for, if you allow them to cancel at the last minute would you get another booking? Maybe not so you lose money, at the end of the day this is a business and you are here to make money, 

I had 2 last year wanting to cancel the day before, I just told them to refer to the T&C that you agreed to when you booked, 

A good tip for you, Dont you ever cancel a booking if a guest want to cancel you tell the guest to do it, 

Sudsrung0
Level 10
Rawai, Thailand

@Lucinda92 

I think you need to do something with your title, Am I correct in saying Kokkino Chorio, is in Crete? 

You have to think a potential guest window shopping on Airbnb what would make them click on your listing and make them stay there,

Airbnb give you 50 letters in your title, so use them.

Charming Cretian Villa with Ocean Views Kokkino Chorio

Thank you. I will definitely make these changes.

Fred13
Level 10
Placencia, Belize

True, this is in Crete, not in England, both exemplary places, but so different. Was just there, Greece is just impressive.

Outside of what already been said, the lovely but lonely outdoor table setting with the vista before it is screaming for some refreshments (or a book) on it, so the guest could place themselves in it.

I would also give some serious thought to the price structure: perhaps (2) at 149 Euro, and 'X' per person beyond that. It is amazing how much more work and wear & tear by 2 vs. 6 people are and why encourage them to stay 'for free'.  Since this is much more profitable it will allow you more time between guests and leads to a more responsible clientele of the whole group.

What an interesting place you have!

I definitely agree with the outside table and price structure. 

Thank you. 

Cristina860
Level 4
Orcutt, CA

Hi Lucinda, what a beautiful home you have!

I would encourage additional information describing all of the furnishings, amenities, and items you provide in each room. Photos of the inside are a must - most guests will not book if they cannot see all of the rooms of the home.

I also recommend updating your listing title to something more descriptive. For example, "Sea of Crete views from your mountaintop infinity pool" is one way to show your guests the home's top 2 amenities before they even see the description or photos. ABNB recommends that your title only has capitals on words that are proper nouns, as their algorithm progresses and includes more AI traction.

Here's a quick rewrite of your description that you have on this listing currently.

Experience the timeless charm and enchanting views of this traditional Cretan stone villa, complete with blue gates and working window shutters. Embrace the perfect balance between lazy pool days and exciting adventures in nearby Almyrida and Georgiopolis, where you can participate in various water sports or indulge in a refreshing cocktail.

The villa boasts a spacious terrace area and an infinity pool that offers panoramic views of the stunning Souda Bay. Take a moment to soak up the breathtaking scenery of olive trees and Bougainvillea.

Best of luck!

Thank you. I really appreciate your feedback. I will certainly take this on board.