Critique my listing, Makenzie, Texas, Lake Tawakoni

Makenzie15
Level 2
Quinlan, TX

Critique my listing, Makenzie, Texas, Lake Tawakoni

My name is Makenzie, I am a current host and family to the owners of our rental! We launched our Texas, Lake Tawakoni house in October of ‘22 and it’s been amazing since! 

so glad to be here! 

id love any feedback if yall take a glance at our booking. I know there can be no peak seasons but id love to find ways to get bookings in that time too without discount our rates too much. Even if it means offering something else onsite. 

[Title updated by Community Manager for relevancy]

19 Replies 19

Beautiful home. Ditto on what cathy1183 said. I love ChatGpt. You can copy and paste your description into that and it should give you excellent verbiage with no typos. I also recommend changing if you don’t mind the country to something like “peaceful vibes and only xx minutes from all the Citi has to offer”. If you state “if you don’t mind the country” it actually makes it become an issue in their minds when it could be exactly what they need. Good luck love - you got this!

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hi @Makenzie15 , You've received amazing advices from the Hosts for your listing. Have you explored these ideas and thinking to implement the ones that best suit your listing? 

Thank you so much @Beatrice641 @Caroline2472 @Astrid490 @Ben6150 @Bubby0 @Ada-Luz0 @Alex9908 @Angie734 @Cathy1183 @Anthony14 @Angela3878 @Bronwyn102 @Adam2067 for sharing your support with @Makenzie15 . Appreciate you so much! 🌻

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

Yes, So many great responses and feedback. I really appreciate other host taking the time to check our listing out.

Thank you,

Makenzie 

Great place! And great pictures.  I agree with the other feedback and would only add that maybe you dial down the minimum to 2 nights. That should get you more searches. Good luck!

Angela3707
Level 2
Maple Falls, WA

Your listing looks great. It is spacious and decorated nicely. If you are far away from stores and restaurants I would recommend adding low cost snacks and stuff. Ramen, cup o noodles, popcorn, coco, maybe a small iced tea container (they have some awesome ones on amazon), cream, sweetener, tea, honey, salt pepper & basic seasonings, and cooking oil. Are all items that guests seem to really appreciate. That and a few basic hygiene products one may forget on a trip. A small ice maker doesn’t go unnoticed, especially if it already has fresh ice in it when guests arrive on a hot day. 
 I try to think of the most inconvenient  and costly items I’ve forgotten to bring on our trips then share my list with the owners I cohost with. Cream and sugar for coffee and the coffee seem to be quite popular along with tea and honey. 
 I also watch for sales or items we buy our kiddo that he doesn’t eat. If they will likely go to waste we donate them to the snack drawer at the air BNB. If the other owner ever agrees to a snack/welcome basket then we will split said extra snacks between the two. 
 Hope you find something helpful in my message.