Critique my listing - Mark in Telluride, CO

Answered!
Mark5530
Level 2
Telluride, CO

Critique my listing - Mark in Telluride, CO

Hi. We are new to airbnb and have just made our listing live. This is our only home and we will rent it our periodically to help finance our own travels. In our case it's only viable to rent for 30 days minimum. We will rent for anywhere from 1 to 3 months at a time, maybe longer duration in the future. When not traveling we will live in the home as always.

Any comments and critique are most welcome.

Here is the lisitng:

https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/1149299401380487377?adults=2&search_mode=regular_search&check_in=2024-0...

IMG_3682.jpg

1 Best Answer
Kia272
Level 10
Takoma Park, MD

@Mark5530 It looks really good. The  only thing I would suggest is using the captions feature with your photos. It helps guests understand the layout of your home, as well as gives you the opportunity to throw in some details that they might actually retain. 

Reading the main description of any space becomes kind of a blur when it's unfamiliar, and captions with photos can provide specific details about the space. 

Also, no outside shoes is a hard one. Not sure how you can enforce that, but if you're going to try, make it prominent in your listing- not just under House Rules. 

Good luck. 

View Best Answer in original post

6 Replies 6
Marie8425
Level 10
Buckeye, AZ

@Mark5530 

I don't know if Airbnb is the  correct platform for youur price  level?  Maybe an Executive Renting  Platform?  People that  can afford $9,500 per month aren't interested  in the  free bus.

@Marie8425 Thanks for your reply. We are the second lowest priced property that shows up when searching for our location and dates. Everything else, and there is a lot, is more expensive. Telluride is a very desirable location and we are situated in a prime spot.

The free bus is just to re enforce how once in Telluride you do not need a car.

I don't know how people afford it either... but professional established property managers and a local  airbnb superhost have told us that we are priced at the lower end of what we can reasonably expect.

Kia272
Level 10
Takoma Park, MD

@Mark5530 It looks really good. The  only thing I would suggest is using the captions feature with your photos. It helps guests understand the layout of your home, as well as gives you the opportunity to throw in some details that they might actually retain. 

Reading the main description of any space becomes kind of a blur when it's unfamiliar, and captions with photos can provide specific details about the space. 

Also, no outside shoes is a hard one. Not sure how you can enforce that, but if you're going to try, make it prominent in your listing- not just under House Rules. 

Good luck. 

@Kia272 thank you for your helpful reply! Excellent point about adding captions and I will definitely add that.

It's a pretty hard environment here, esp  in the winter months with snow, snow melt salts, ski boots etc. Most everyone here removes shoes before entering someone's home. Your point is well taken.

Thanks again for yourr eply!

@Mark5530 

I am from Hawaii that is the normal there.  We got a lot of tourists who didn't understand island culture considers it just rude and insulting. lol

Most vacation rentals in Hawaii use the concept just make it easy to follow the rules.  Even on Amazon you can get a cute sign "Please remove shoes"  Even our regular homes have were you put your  slippers another amazon not a shoe rack since usually slippers in Hawaii more like a shoe shelf available in different sizes you just make sure big enough

Rebecca
Community Manager
Community Manager
Suffolk Coastal District, United Kingdom

Hello @Mark5530 👋

Congratulations on your new listing and a huge welcome to the Community Center! 🎉

It's great to have you here with us. 

You've asked a great question and some of your fellow hosts have replied! Did any of the answers below help you resolve the issue? If so, it's always a lovely gesture to mark it as the best answer. It's like a big virtual hug to the member who supported you but also to support other Hosts who may have similar questions in the future. 😊

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines