Critique my listing - Michelle in Cookeville TN

Answered!
Michelle3577
Level 2
Cookeville, TN

Critique my listing - Michelle in Cookeville TN

Hi! I'm a new host, just over a week. I would like some feedback on my listing. I have had decent inquiries and 3 bookings since it went live at the very end of June.  What I am wondering may be problematic is the length of the about the space section. I didn't know how much was too much. I would love general feedback and feedback specifically about the verbiage in the section. Thanks! I'm looking forward to the critique.

(If I resized the picture for this post incorrectly, please excuse my error. Apparently, I'm new to a lot of things lately!)

Here is my link:

https://airbnb.com/h/selahhouse-vintage-home-in-cookeville-tennessee

livingroomCopy2.jpg

1 Best Answer
Joelle43
Level 10
Cannes, France

Hello @Michelle3577 

What a lovely property Michelle😍 and I agree with you that the description could do with some editing.  I use bullet points in my description because I have learned from other hosts that most guests don't read anything and it's best to keep it short and sweet.  Highlight what stands out in your property and give them a reason to book with you.

A lot of what you describe could be added under the pictures which people DO look at!!

Take a look at the hosts listings that who reply to you and see how they go about describing their property to see if you find any inspiration there😉

There are also some great tips on the Airbnb site on how to set up your listings and also some great videos on the net that I found very useful.  The description is something that I tweak regularly, making it shorter rather than longer every time!

All the best

Joëlle

View Best Answer in original post

2 Replies 2
Joelle43
Level 10
Cannes, France

Hello @Michelle3577 

What a lovely property Michelle😍 and I agree with you that the description could do with some editing.  I use bullet points in my description because I have learned from other hosts that most guests don't read anything and it's best to keep it short and sweet.  Highlight what stands out in your property and give them a reason to book with you.

A lot of what you describe could be added under the pictures which people DO look at!!

Take a look at the hosts listings that who reply to you and see how they go about describing their property to see if you find any inspiration there😉

There are also some great tips on the Airbnb site on how to set up your listings and also some great videos on the net that I found very useful.  The description is something that I tweak regularly, making it shorter rather than longer every time!

All the best

Joëlle

Thank you for your feedback. I will sit with the listing verbiage and see what can be improved based upon your feedback. Thanks again!

-Michelle