Sybe_0-1651658869637.png

Sam in Rockaway Beach, Oregon

www.airbnb.com/h/rockawaycottage

6 Replies 6
Huma0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Sam5003 

Your listing looks lovely and very well equipped. The photos are good, as is the description. The only thing I'm concerned about is the rules about dogs. How are you going to ensure that the guests only bring dogs who are over a year old and flea treated? Do you trust all guests not to leave the dog unattended or let it on the beds and furniture?

Personally, I would just have a no pet rule. It just seems to me that there are too many things that could go wrong, especially in a listing that looks quite pristine.

At the Oregon coast I would be shooting myself in the foot not to allow a dog.  Over 50% of guests coming here bring their dog.  I’m a dog owner myself so I let the guests know what I expect from them as dog owners.

Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Sam5003 you need to add your pet fee into your pricing so that it comes up in the total when guests put in their dates, number of people etc.

Sam5003
Level 2
Rockaway Beach, OR

How is that done?  I’m quite concerned now.  Help.

Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Sam5003 go into your listing. Then click on 'pricing and availability' tab. Scroll down and the pet fee is just below the cleaning fee

Sam5003
Level 2
Rockaway Beach, OR

The pet fee is in there.  When a guest books it’s going to be confusing for them because instead of stating dog fee $100, it averages it into the nightly rate.