Critique my listing - The Mykonos House in Greece

Michalis46
Level 2
Stockholm, Sweden

Critique my listing - The Mykonos House in Greece

Hi everyone! I have a unique situation. We are managing an AirBnB from abroad - the house is located on beautiful island of Mykonos, Greece! We are trying to bring back the life of a 90s house in a highly competitive market of hotels and luxury apartments. Fun fact: many AirBnB on the island are either hotel chains or are part of a company - very few people (like us) rent out their actual home/summer home.

Things to note: Mykonos is a vacation hot spot only from May-September. We only have that time to make money. The island IS expensive, but we are not trying to compete with luxury villas or hotels. We are wanting to provide a nice experience and home for middle-class who want to enjoy a fun vacation without breaking the bank.

Listing: https://www.airbnb.com/h/themykonoshouse

Perks we're trying to promote:
- Value for money - lots of space, big kitchen, luxury feel bedding
- Very spacious vs what you get for the same price elsewhere for way smaller (103 sqm + 2000 sqm garden with a view)
- Full stocked kitchen
- Private parking
- Overall privacy

Problems I wanted to know your opinion on.
1. What else to do to get more views?? See the pics below...our competitors get way more views. How is our title? I've played with it a bit.

2. We don't have a pool or extensive sea view like other properties boast, but we do have amazing garden space, valley, mountain and partial sea view that I think is pretty unique and special.
3. Our target group is 30s and older, groups of couples traveling together, friends, or families that just want more room and privacy.

Would love your opinion on the house. We put it on Airbnb, booking, VRBO...it did pretty well during the 'new' period, but the tourist season is only about 4 months long...so that's all we have to make bookings. But this year so far....2 bookings and our analytics say we're not getting s good conversion rate...

Thanks!

/ Lindsey
Follow the house on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/themykonoshouse/

1 Reply 1
Michalis46
Level 2
Stockholm, Sweden

Just wanted to add that this is what I mean we're not getting enough views. Our competition is getting a lot more. I did change the title and translate it into the 3 most popular languages coming to the island, so that is probably what helped the bump from end of March onward.

Screenshot 2024-04-08 at 9.50.08 AM.png