Critique my listing- Time Capsule Home in Sierra Foothills, California

Julianna34
Level 3
California, United States

Critique my listing- Time Capsule Home in Sierra Foothills, California

IMG_1862 2.JPG

Hello, community! I'm now a year into my hosting journey and it's been really positive, if a bit slower than I initially envisioned. I found that the majority of my bookings over the last year were longer term, a couple weeks to a month or longer as lots of people were coming through to help with disaster relief, covid traveling nurses etc in the area. Now that things have normalized and those temporary workers have moved on, I haven't replaced those bookings with the normal short term weekend stays that I was hoping to attract. As I gain more income from this endeavor I plan on updating the space more and more, but for now my budget requires that I work with what I have. I would love your insights on what you think works for the space, what might be updated or changed (by eliminating now or replacing in the future) and what facets of the listing you think may help draw in more guests, be it different photos, different staging, different listing title etc. 

Thanks so much for your time and thoughts!

www.airbnb.com/h/ponderosa-ranch

4 Replies 4
Jenny
Community Manager
Community Manager
Galashiels, United Kingdom

Hi @Julianna34 

All I can say is WOW!  I love your listing!  I'm a HUGE fan of anything retro.  What a gorgeous place!

What's your favourite feature at your listing?

Jenny

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

Julianna34
Level 3

Thanks, Jenny! The home actually has really amazing lighting so at night it’s incredibly cozy. Lots of layers and warmth built in to the space! 

Nancy160
Level 2
Oakland, CA

I’ve been on Airbnb for almost 10 years now. I have to say that bookings are slower than I’ve ever seen except the first few months of the pandemic. So you are not alone. Considering very limited budget, I would suggest that you remove the blinds. That would make the place look more modern and it wouldn’t cost you anything. If you have the budget, I would also change the sofa. You can find very affordable but good looking furniture on Wayfair or even Target.

Julianna34
Level 3

Thank you! Changing out the window treatments is definitely on the “to do” list!