Critique my listing, Vanessa, California

Answered!
Vanessa1805
Level 1
California, United States

Critique my listing, Vanessa, California

I would love a review of my listing to optimize it for more views. I just learnt about these unique categories added in November ... how could I get my listing in some of these? Anything else you notice about the listing to improve visibility? 

https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/36418127?guests=1&adults=1&s=67&unique_share_id=6b5db3d6-ea28-485a-ac4c... 

Thank you!

1 Best Answer
Cristina860
Level 4
Orcutt, CA

Vanessa, what a beautiful home you have! 

The first item I would recommend is changing your listing title. The words in your title are too general for such a lovely home. ABNB algorithm also recommends that you keep all words lower case unless a proper noun. 

Here's a rewrite:

Lavish Shasta retreat with mountain view hot tub

This stunningly renovated house is situated just a 6-minute drive from both Lake Siskyou and Mount Shasta town, offering the perfect blend of nature and modern living. With 4 bedrooms, 4 bathrooms, and plenty of communal space, it's perfect for families or groups of 2-3 couples. The spacious 2+ acre lot is surrounded by 150ft tall trees and provides stunning views of Majestic Mount Shasta from the living room window, back deck, and hot tub.

The fully furnished basement offers a cozy fireplace and TV, as well as a separate entrance for extra privacy. The open kitchen boasts brand new appliances and a comfortable, modern feel, perfect for whipping up delicious meals at home. There's also a big dining room table and common seating area for entertaining guests.

The bedrooms are split between the main floor and upstairs, with the primary bedroom featuring a king bed and European-style open shower and soaking tub. The basement includes a queen-sized foam futon for additional sleeping space, as well as a workstation for those who need a quiet space to work.

Relax and unwind on the spacious back deck, which includes a top-of-the-line hot tub that can seat up to 8 people. Take in the breathtaking natural surroundings, including three incredible waterfalls just 10 minutes away and an hour drive to Burney Falls.

Adventure lovers will appreciate the nearby ski park, as well as cross-country skiing, snowshoeing, and sledding for the kids. While the house is located in a laid-back neighborhood, guests should be aware that trains pass by approximately 8 times a day. Earplugs are provided for light sleepers, but the train noise is part of the charming mountain town experience.

Overall, this beautifully furnished and fully equipped house is the perfect destination for those who love nature but also appreciate a luxurious touch. With glowing 5-star reviews on AirBnB and VRBO, we're committed to keeping our guests feeling fabulous during their Mount Shasta getaway.

Guests will have access to the entire house, except for the owner's garage.

Best of luck!

View Best Answer in original post

5 Replies 5
Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hi @Vanessa1805 ,

Welcome to the Airbnb Community Center!

I noticed your comment on an older thread, so thought of creating a new topic for you. I hope you get some wonderful feedback from seasoned Hosts of our Community Center!

Can’t find what you’re searching for? start a conversation

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

Fred13
Level 10
Placencia, Belize

@Vanessa1805: I spend over an hour writing  some observations and then made a mistake on what button to publish and poof went the respond. 🙂

In a nutshell, you doing well as is but could always do better and it is in the long-run we must prepare. Your photography can use a conceptual approach. The trip the visitor should be guided through is: outside photo of building (your shot #28, the others do not compare) and then the main draw to the area (photo of Mt. Shasta) and then glimpses of the interior (living room & bedroom) and finally a special feature (Jacuzzi for example). Now you have enticed the visitor to see further.

Now the progression must be smooth and not repetitive. Start at kitchen, bedrooms, outside, area, you now have brought them back to the outside to finish the journey to your place.

Now possible activities in your home/yard and finally area attractions.

Whatever you do, best not to take the viewer indoors and outdoors constantly, or show changes in seasons back & forth, and not too many photos of the same thing. Lastly, not all photos need to be a perfect border of things or places, a slice of a room or thing oftentimes leaves 'room' for the imagination.

Good luck. 🙂

Cristina860
Level 4
Orcutt, CA

Vanessa, what a beautiful home you have! 

The first item I would recommend is changing your listing title. The words in your title are too general for such a lovely home. ABNB algorithm also recommends that you keep all words lower case unless a proper noun. 

Here's a rewrite:

Lavish Shasta retreat with mountain view hot tub

This stunningly renovated house is situated just a 6-minute drive from both Lake Siskyou and Mount Shasta town, offering the perfect blend of nature and modern living. With 4 bedrooms, 4 bathrooms, and plenty of communal space, it's perfect for families or groups of 2-3 couples. The spacious 2+ acre lot is surrounded by 150ft tall trees and provides stunning views of Majestic Mount Shasta from the living room window, back deck, and hot tub.

The fully furnished basement offers a cozy fireplace and TV, as well as a separate entrance for extra privacy. The open kitchen boasts brand new appliances and a comfortable, modern feel, perfect for whipping up delicious meals at home. There's also a big dining room table and common seating area for entertaining guests.

The bedrooms are split between the main floor and upstairs, with the primary bedroom featuring a king bed and European-style open shower and soaking tub. The basement includes a queen-sized foam futon for additional sleeping space, as well as a workstation for those who need a quiet space to work.

Relax and unwind on the spacious back deck, which includes a top-of-the-line hot tub that can seat up to 8 people. Take in the breathtaking natural surroundings, including three incredible waterfalls just 10 minutes away and an hour drive to Burney Falls.

Adventure lovers will appreciate the nearby ski park, as well as cross-country skiing, snowshoeing, and sledding for the kids. While the house is located in a laid-back neighborhood, guests should be aware that trains pass by approximately 8 times a day. Earplugs are provided for light sleepers, but the train noise is part of the charming mountain town experience.

Overall, this beautifully furnished and fully equipped house is the perfect destination for those who love nature but also appreciate a luxurious touch. With glowing 5-star reviews on AirBnB and VRBO, we're committed to keeping our guests feeling fabulous during their Mount Shasta getaway.

Guests will have access to the entire house, except for the owner's garage.

Best of luck!

Kimberlyn2
Level 2
Simi Valley, CA

Vanessa - your house looks stunning!! I'm so jealous. I only host a suite in my home. I'd love to become a Superhost someday when I grow up like you.

Oh God, what a perfect listing. Looks like you have everything under control here. Congrats!