Custom promotions with connected channel manager

Answered!
Christos57
Level 2
Artemida, Greece

Custom promotions with connected channel manager

I've recently seen that if a channel manager/PMS software is connected to our accounts, the custom promotions feature is no longer available. Is everyone aware of that? Has there been any related announcement?

1 Best Answer

I confirm @Kristina607 ! They work in mobile browser. 

View Best Answer in original post

7 Replies 7
Bob297
Level 10
Bilthoven, Netherlands

@Christos57 
Yes, that has changed recently. You can give temporary discounts via your PMS.
A couple of months ago, I gave promotional discounts on Airbnb, being connected to my PMS.
I had to cancel it because the prices became much too low. Airbnb could not solve it.
Maybe this is their solution.

On booking.com, you can add extra discounts when using a PMS

Katya89
Level 2
Sarasota, FL

Yes we have noticed that too. We used to be able to to until we go the early release upgrade and then it wouldn't allow us to anymore due our PMS system being connected.

Jovan5
Level 2
Tivat, Montenegro

Same here. You can only set promotions through the cm/pms if it supports it. That's so bad.

This is really frustrating because we used it as a marketing tool. So now airbnb does not offer all of the automation and solutions that these platforms do and they're taking away ways to increase bookings on their site. It's beyond frustrating. 

Kristina607
Level 2
Sellersburg, IN

We have  PMS configured (Syncbnb) - I found that Custom Promotions can be created  only when using the mobile browser. 

If someone can explain how to do this in desktop/browser, or mobile client - please let me know.

I confirm @Kristina607 ! They work in mobile browser. 

I seriously hope they don’t take this away.